RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas,
one of the lonley owners of an american Suzuki rf 900. I am new to the forums. I have been riding on the dirt for years and this is my first true sportbike. Previous street bike was an 82 suzuki gs 450 e it was fun but I worked on it more than I rode it. Hoping this bike wont be the same. I dont know much about modern bikes, and this thing was a basket casewhen i bought it. I have all the parts i needed, i think.thanks for any help you guys can give.
bd..

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,139 Posts
Got any pics? I dont even know what an RF900 looks like. I'm sure there are some here that do though.

R

·
0 Posts
You'll find that this is mostly a Kawasaki forum, but everyone knows a little about everything. I, too, came here after racing motocross; 4-stroke quads to be exact. After 6 years, insane $$$ invested, and anal track operators, I kicked it to the curb and pursued bikes. I've always been into them, riding, wrenching, whatever, except now it's my sole interest. Welcome to the club-lots of great people and info here. Enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Very cool - I remember those bikes well and even had a friend with a red one!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah... mine isnt really that pretty. During reassymbally i will take pics of it. It ahs been laid down on both sides and I have to do loads of plastic work. I really dont think highly of whomever worked on this bike before me there are loads of standard and crossthreaded bolts on this thing.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
yeah... mine isnt really that pretty. During reassymbally i will take pics of it. It ahs been laid down on both sides and I have to do loads of plastic work. I really dont think highly of whomever worked on this bike before me there are loads of standard and crossthreaded bolts on this thing.

Can you say..... perfect bike for a streetfighter project?!?!? F' the plastic man throw on some bars n' risers and go from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Though I am all for naked bikes that thing is one fugly looking bike with no plastic. I saw one that looked good but it looked like they chopped the lower fairing about halfway down. cause up top it looks like a mess. conversation in the design room must have been like "I dont care what it looks like were going to put a big piece of plastic on it anyway" and thats what they did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
I am new to the forums as well. I have the bike shown in the image that Rocketkid781 posted. I am having a hard time finding an alternator for my bike. The ones that I have found have a .75" shaft sticking out. My alternator has a shaft that is .50". Does anyone have experience with this and or recommendations to getting one that I can put on my bike so that I can get out and ride. Any good advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had one when they came out, loved it, great all around bike.
rf4.jpg
004.jpg
003.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts