RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud, new owner, of a street fighted, beat up, rode hard, and put up wet 2000 zr-7. For $150 i'd say I got a hell of a deal. finally got her running today.

put a new ignition switch on, a new battery, and cleaned the carbs. She purrs like a cougar. My gas tank is on it's death bed tho. She's rusted to the point of no return on the inside and the left seem is rusted beyond repair.

I'm desperate for Ideas. The cheapest I could find a used one was for $400. Is there any kind of aftermarket tanks out there? Plastic tanks? Anybody take a tank off of a different bike and make it work?? Anyone fabricated a tank???

Any input would be really helpful. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
The alternative if it's a street fighter, who says you need a zr tank. Finda any good tank as long as you can make it fit, and be secure, Robert is your mother's brother!
Might not be pretty, but it works.

Also, have you also considered a good cleaning, then relining it?

Clean it be filling it with molasses & water (you can find tutorials and videos online), rinse well, and line with something like this Red Coat (or similar)

RED-KOTE The Only "Real" Fuel Tank Liner and Sealer | Motorcycle Fuel Tank Liner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts