RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved my ER-6N this summer... but it was more of the same (been riding 600 SS in the past and got the ER-6N to get back into riding after a short hiatus)

I looked at the Z1000
Looked over the FZ1

I got a B-King for $7700 OTD, delivered to my door

I cant wait to get it here... much respect needed for this beast. Every BKing rider I have talked to has said what great bike it is, 600 handling, scary speed and LOADS of torque.

I will post up some pics when it gets here!!!!!!!!!:alcy:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
270 Posts
ncie nice, can't wait to here from someone that's ridden 600SS bikes about how that brute feels. I sat on one before buying my '10 Z1K and it just felt HUGE.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being delivered in like 3 hours!!!!

Cleaned out the garage to make room, have the ER6 in there yet ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just like Christmas!

Well it was delivered today... I got about 10 miles on it today with all that I had going on. The bike REALLY handles well, feels very light, all of the weight is soooo low. The tranny is butta smooth, very tight, but so smooth to shift. It makes my 2009 Kawi tranny feel like it was made with tinker toys...

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was able to get about 100 miles on the King today... still loving the bike, becoming more comfortable with the differences between it and the ER6...

Still really enjoy the handling, the suspension is just a sweet sweet spot on this bike. Though fully adjustable, the way it came to me is almost perfect... not too soft, but soaks up the road like a Caddy... it is really comfortable.

I have not been able to get it out of 3rd or 4th gear around here, anything 55 MPH and under you arent going to get past 4th gear, you just cant.

1st gear will run you to 30mph at 4k...

Once you start through the gears, MOST riding can be done easily in 3rd - 4th gear. 3rd gear will keep you between 45-50MPH at 4K...

4th gear will lock you in at 65MPH at 4k

What I really wanted to know was how long the bikes legs were in 6th gear. So I found a nice deserted country road and decided to find out. Keep in mind, 3K and below is sort of lugging it, I run 4K and up whenever I can.

6th gear at 4K trued out at 80MPH... 5K turned out 100MPH... 5k is the first 600 mile break in limit... 7500 is the 1000 mile break in limit. So, this is a rude awakening compared to my little ER6 that struggled to hit 55mph in the break in period. 7500 RPM would true out at between 140 and 150 MPH... and the red line is about 10.4k... However 5th and 6th gear are governed to something like 185 MPH...

I will never use half the potential in this bike, in fact, during normal riding I wont use 5th or 6th gear... but it is nice to know they are there if I need them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The best part is, it is super comfortable with great brakes and suspension. It doesnt just "go fast"... it does everything well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had the opportunity to buy a B King when I bought the Buell for something like $6500 + tax and title, with less than 1500 miles, I could kick myself for not buying it instead of the Buell.
Its all good though, if I bought the B-King instead of the 1125R, I probably would not have the Z.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And you own the SEXY Z... the 2008. I MUCH prefer that style to the 2010...

I am taking the King out tonight (65F here today) and then again tomorrow. May get to post a few extra photos if I have time.

It is a neat bike, not many around, and everything about it is ridiculous, including how cheap they are now! Pretty crazy pricing for a bike with a Hayabusa motor, fully adjustable suspension and monster truck brakes.

Id love to ride a 2008 Z someday, or own one as a 2nd bike!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CAUTION LOTS OF GLARE!

Here are a few new photos of he bike...

Yesterday was the first "real" ride on the bike. I have been riding it for a few weeks, but yesterday I went riding with a friend all afternoon and just cruised around southern IN.

Finally got to do some cornering on the bike, real cornering. The extra weight can be felt there, after riding much lighter 600s, it FEELS like the bike wants to low side, when in reality you are feeling the girth.

Slow speed corners 15-20mph, are fun in 2nd gear. True first gear will easily get you to 40mph, but the bike has so much low end grunt that 2nd gear is a blast! Slowing for the turns, rolling in some throttle about half way through the corner, and when you are out, a quick twist of the wrist and you are humming at 60MPH in 2nd gear... then shift.

We were on some very deserted, yet smooth, open country roads. I was leading, my buddy was behind me on his 650... typical riding 55-60 MPH is normally done in 4th gear, this keeps you in the 3-4k RPM range in 4th. While cruising along, I felt the need to tuck in a little and pop it up to 6th and roll in some power. 5K RPM saw the speedo hit 100 MPH, it is at this time I thought to myself how nice the suspension is... soaking up the road very nicely.

A quick glance in the mirror and my buddy was gaining on me... I down shifted to 4th and continued the cruise. At the next stop we were both laughing hysterically... he said "crap dude... one second you were there, the next you were gone... did you even shift?" Well, in 6th gear at 3K you are cruising at 60mph... so all you have to do is twist, at 5k you have added 40mph and you are doing 100 on what sounds like a huge vacuum cleaner (that is sort of how the Hayabusa sounds with the stock cans at 4k.

Anyhow, we rode about 100 miles, enjoying the fall colors and some of the twists and hills in southern IN. Today I spent a little time removing bug residue, adjusted my throttle cable a little, and zip tied the throttle cables down so that they are not blocking my view of the gear indicator on the dash.

Here are some pics!

·
Registered
996 Posts
The King is not my style, but it does have an evil look. About a year ago, a guy posted a vid on YouTube of his new one. And while I don't approve the way he was riding, you could see how much oomph that thing's got. Let me see if I can find that vid.

BRB.

EDIT - couldn't find it in a quick search, but like I said, even on a video you could tell that thing had some serious giddyup. ENjoy your new ride!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts