RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, so the answer should come quick and simple.

I just bought a '99 EX250, and it has ugly Kawasaki graphics all over it. These stickers are over top of the bodywork's clear coat, so they should be fairly simple to remove. I thought about using a heat gun, but then I thought it might melt or craze the plastic. Then I thought about lighter fluid or Goo-Gone, that sort of thing, but again I'm worried about the plastic.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i agree with chris, use a hair dryer. and do it outside since you'll be heating the gas tank. once you've gone that far you can use some WD_40, baby oil or your favorite goo-gone product to remove any residuals. use a soft cloth not paper towels - they will scratch paint! don't rub too hard, let the solvent do the work.

scott :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success

Well, actually, the heat gun did the trick. It has adustable temperature, so I could keep it from melting the plastic. Most of the stickers pulled off easily, leaving only minimal residue that I will clean up with some Goo-Gone tonight. In all gloss black, this little 250 suddenly looks pretty damn cool! Obviously it is still tiny, but without the graphics it doesn't have that cheesy toy look to it anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts