RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Blaster-X rear tail/brake light to install on a 2014 650 Versys. I can't find any videos on the procedure. Can someone please send me a link to a instructional video?
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you look at YouTube? Found several that the title suggest it might help.

Blaster-X rear tail light Installation

This one specifically might be what you are looking for as if might be similar.
The installation isn't the issue. Removing the OEM is where I have a problem. I've searched you tube for taking off the stocker with no luck. I've seen riders saying it was "a simple job, but I'm not sure on where to even begin. Guess I should buy a workshop manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A service manual should show how that's done if no one has any suggestions here. It's a good idea to have one anyway if you plan to ride the bike very long.
I've decided to return the Blaster-X as it seems like WAY too much hassle. I'm going to buy a brake modulator from ST2 that I already have on my Triumph Tiger. It's an attention getter according to several guys I ride with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've decided to return the Blaster-X as it seems like WAY too much hassle. I'm going to buy a brake modulator from ST2 that I already have on my Triumph Tiger. It's an attention getter according to several guys I ride with.
Update: The Safe Light company seems to be out of business. I found a modulator sold by TST that looks to be a good alternative to the ST2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you look at YouTube? Found several that the title suggest it might help.

Blaster-X rear tail light Installation

This one specifically might be what you are looking for as if might be similar.
Well that's WAY too much hassle! I've decided to return the Blaster-X and buy a Plug N Play unit from TST that will satisfy my needs. Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts