RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

REARSET ISSUE , PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  chicagobob 
#1 ·
Hello All,

So I was in a motorcycle accident in September of last yr, my 2012 ninja 650 got hit on the left and fell to the right

So I have a cracked rear set, and missing peg, I really want to get my bike up and running for the season as I live in NYC and it's getting warmer. I really want to know what my options are, I've looked around seen sato's n woodcrafts, and a few eBay ones, not to mention the oem one from Kawasaki parts house. The passenger part and most of it including the shift lever is intact. If anyone can point me to a cheap but effective option, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

#2 ·
Honestly, I think you've listed and researched all of the options. Not sure what else we can offer you other than taking it to a local welder and having them repair the crack for you (make sure to paint/clear coat it after).

eBay - meh, good luck with quality unless you can get an oem.

Sato and Woodcraft - Expensive, the Woodcraft less so. Adjustable, very nice.

OEM - Less expensive, especially if it's just the main bit that you need.

I'd probably just bite it and get the OEM from bikebandit.com or motosport.com. I've had good luck with both.

#4 ·
I was thinking last night, after I typed that, that I 'might' have a right side rear set. When I first got my bike, a lady in an SUV backed over it (literally). She hit the left side and pushed it over onto the right. Anyway, her insurance replaced 3/4 of the bike. I think they replaced the rear set because it had a scratch or gouge in the metal. Something purely cosmetic. Don't get your hopes up but I'll check when I get back in town tonight.

#5 ·
I really appreciate tht, though I should've specified, the impact from the car to the left side was the more damaged side, besides breaking my foot, lol, he broke the left rearset and left peg. Handlebar took a lot of damage, but I think ima go with sport bars as a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.