RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I gotta quite a stumper here. I just installed a set of MBW rear turns on my meanie. The problem is that it doesn't seem to be working as running lights. They work perfectly fine as turns but not as a running light I have hooked up a load equalizer from custom dynamics. I have just temPorarily hooked all the wires up and currently have the equalizer hooked up to the ground from the right rear signal. Is this something that would go away if I run the ground to say my neg battery terminal?

I know this is probably something very easy for the almighty think tank on the forum, but I'm a bit foggy from getting a tooth ripped out this afternoon and am pretty sure I am 99% of the problem here!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another part to this. Did the rear signals ever light up as running lights and turn signals? I can't remember for the life of me whether they are normally lit up or not.

Thaks again guys!

·
Registered
65 Posts
the mbw rears are just turn signals not running light. i hope this helps

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
You'd need a run/turn/brake controller to make it that and tap into a running light source like the license plate light to get power. Also you can only do it if you got the red version, can't have rear facing always on orange lights.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Yup..The only rear lights that were on as running or parking lamps OEM on mine was the brake and license plate lights..I wondered the same thing when I put my MBW's on.
I'd be concerned with having those LED's on continuos unless that controller can get them to dim..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts