RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just greased the rear suspension. The four grease fittings on the pivot arm were easy. They seamed pretty dry.

The upper grease fitting for the swing arm was a little more confusing. You need to look at the left side with a flashlight to see when the grease starts to exit. There is no sound feedback as with the bottom ones.

Andy

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Andy, I was meaning to do the same when I tune her up this Spring. Did you use standard grease gun and grease ? Is that what's in there now, and if not, do two different types of grease mix ? Guess it only matters that it's packed.

Tony

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tony,

I used a standard grease gun and grease. I purchased a gun with a rubber hose and that made it easy. I don't think there is any problem with mixing the grease types.

I went for a nice ride today. I just love this California weather.

Andy

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
You just had to rub it in, didn't you. Ohhh, how I love the California weather, uwwww !

:mad:

Well I just love the New York weather. Right about now, it smacks you in the face when you ride. You get off the bike, and some guy says, Hey, what's it like riding when it's so cold ? Frigin cold, dude !

Anyway, hope you don't fall off, Andy. Into the Pacific Ocean when the Big One hits, that is .

:laugh:

Sorry, that was a low blow, but just think, as I look out onto the frozen tundra come January, You'll be cruising along next to Malibu Barbie. What a life.

:cool:

Tony, aka a man for all seasons.:)

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Good one, Tony. But here in Tarheel country it was 70 degrees, light wind, nice and sunny, no earthquakes or mudslides, or raging fires out of control.... another rider for all seasons. Tom
:D

Florida might be nice...if not for the old retirees takin up the riding space, he he.

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL... :)

Sorry Tony, I didn't want to rub it in. At least you have seasons out there. Think how boring it is here, every day is just like the day before. Well it should rain here sometime in the next few months, lucky it usually only rains at night.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts