RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked and looked could not find a thread on this...
if there is one - please beat me to death with a "repost"

I would like a set, I am on the track and have worn out my side toe sliders.

Anyone have a set? I would want a set that has the rear brake control attached... so the local fuzz
doesn't bust my ballz. I have also heard they are great to have as they minimize crash damage as well.

here's what I have found on EBAY...

Z1000 Rearset: Motorcycle Parts | eBay
Rizoma has a set too but they are about $600+

thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
8,693 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The z 1000's work. They are not rubber mounted and sit in a little closer to the bikes centerline. It might give you a little more??? The cost is good, even if you order direct from Kawasaki.
Sorry I'm not quite following that... Kawasaki has adjustable rearsets for the z1000?

edit: I get it. You thought I had an N1000. thus "The z 1000's work"
I have a Z1000.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Oh, got it now.....There are some wr brand ones on ebay, too. I hear those are good.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Kim, check out Lightec's, OPP carries them, although they stock them in their California location. That's what i narrowed down my choices too. you gotta have easy access to spares remember, so at least OPP is close by.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kim, check out Lightec's, OPP carries them, although they stock them in their California location. That's what i narrowed down my choices too. you gotta have easy access to spares remember, so at least OPP is close by.
thanks Frank...
those look really nice. I have seen them before but I was trying to avoid $600+

I think I may push this out a bit... a new set of boots is higher on the priority list.

Here's a link if anyone else is interested...

http://www.oppracing.com/product_display/183575-lightech-track-system-rearsets-with-fixed-foot-pegs/

optional brake switch +$23

1.25 Thread Single Banjo Bolt with Pressure Switch - OPPRACING Products

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
You may want to check in with Mspeed as well. I was there the other day getting my suspension setup and Marbod was showing us some lightspeed parts for GSXR's - he may be able to source out some for our bikes.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may want to check in with Mspeed as well. I was there the other day getting my suspension setup and Marbod was showing us some lightspeed parts for GSXR's - he may be able to source out some for our bikes.
who dat? you are? lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have set of Sato Racing rear sets on my Neenja. They also make them for the Z1000, you might wanna take a look in to those also.

They're a hair below that $600 range you're trying to avoid - 5 bucks under, but still under. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
If you get some, get something with a real brake switch. That pressure bolt works, but barely. They often times will not activate until they get a strong push. Not ideal when stopping at a normal intersection. The hundred you save on rearsets is nto worth having to use one.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you get some, get something with a real brake switch. That pressure bolt works, but barely. They often times will not activate until they get a strong push. Not ideal when stopping at a normal intersection. The hundred you save on rearsets is nto worth having to use one.
Who uses a rear brake without using the front first? Heck most of the time I don't use my rear brake at all.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Who uses a rear brake without using the front first? Heck most of the time I don't use my rear brake at all.
Often, going into an intersection, I'll lightly tap my brake light without really using rear brake. I set mine so the light displays early. Not a complete stop, or even slowing down. I'll light it up to get the car behind me to back off some. A pressure switch wont react to this move.

I hope that makes sense. I missed being able to do that on my sv 650. Also, the pressure switches are not very high quality. I had one fail about four stops after installing. They are made in the country more known for take-out food rather than high quality electronics. Its not worth saving a hundred, or even two.

·
Registered
671 Posts
That makes complete sense. I do the same with the front. I just put enough pressure so the switch will turn on the brake light. Most of the time I make it flash a few times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts