RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and found some good anecdotal info on ram air on the 650. Has anyone actually put it into practice on a non-track 650r/ER6n?
My idea is to remove the baffles and run some plumbing up to the front, to just above the radiator with the inlet in front of the top of it to take in cooler air.
Any thoughts? Could it create any problems or damage?

:darth:

Darth's there just because it's funny...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I thought I heard somewhere that our bike already has this kind of setup but it goes to behind the rad so it actually gets hot air. I've never really looking into the air intake system myself so I have no clue how it's set up. If you look on brp650forum.com though he details what they do on their race bikes (which is basically a few minor parts removals in the intake system and drilling a bunch of huge holes in the airbox).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds interesting Gary.
I'd probably buy a kit. Any noticeable gains, other than cooler intake?
Since the Catalyst body sits lower than stock, would this affect any benefits you might gain? I obviously haven't seen your design to examine where the pickups are, but just by imagining the flow of air it seems as though the Catalyst might hamper any "ram" effect.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm excited to check this out for sure!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
cooler air = denser = more oxygen = more bang = nice

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gary, if you want I can prototype it on the Catalyst. I'll even pay for shipping both ways :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
...Bueller?

·
Registered
232 Posts
BRP arent you the one that told Bioteq he didnt know what he was talking about and that building a ram air system for the 650r was a waste of time and money?
and now ,i think its kind of funny, 4-5 months later you have one built and are trying to modify it for market?WTF?! so your are obviously in the market of stealing other peoples ideas and then calling them your own? Congrats on taking his idea and then trying to claim it and sell it. I cant stop laughing on the inside.

READERS OF THIS POST: This guy stated that there would only be a loss of power across the scale if a ram air system was installed on a 650R. He told all parties envovled in the orginal development concept that they didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about when they discribed it as a "cold are chrage kit" instead of a ram air kit...now he's making them and trying to sell them. beware of this manufacturer and make sure not to post your ideas on this forum (or any other public forum) unless youre willing to have them stolen.

good luck with life skeeze

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Not necessarily disagreeing or agreeing with you but just want to say that any idea you don't want stolen you probably shouldn't post in a completely public internet forum.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
You obviously have no idea wtf you are talking about.
That was not me.
Want to find the post where I said that?
I've said several times on several forums that ram air would be
the best option for the Kawasaki 650.
What I said does not work, is cutting the front off the airbox.
You might want to check you facts before attacking someone.
http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=59543&highlight=ram+air

1 - 20 of 31 Posts