RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, we've had any rainy days in the Northeast, as a matter of fact, Boston has had rain ever day this month., not exactly the same in southern Vermont but close.

I sympathize with those of you in the upper midwest USA whom have had a lack of the wet stuff. Wish I could send some your way.

The other day, exiting a store during a downpour, I met several people whom are physic. THey said, "If you drive in this stuff you are going to get wet." and they were correct. ;-)
michel

·
West Coast Moderator
13,090 Posts
If you're tired of that, take a little trip this direction. We haven't had a normal amount of rain going on 2 years now. Our normal is 6"-12". Last year we only had measurable rain a couple days and didn't meet "normal". We're also kickin anywhere from 105°-120° this time of year. Though I understand other places have had some abnormally high temps also...but ours right now are normal.

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife deals with farmers all over the world and she's heard about the droughts in various parts of the US. My condolences.

·
West Coast Moderator
13,090 Posts
I've only lived here 7 years. It's normal to me.
I've lived in "wet" places too. I like this better. At least we have 7-8 months of really nice weather. Riding here isn't all that great though. Flat and straight roads. Summer is too hot to ride and too many snowbirds in the winter. I know I haven't ridden 1000 miles since we moved here.

·
American Legion Rider
35 Posts
Texas is normally hot and dry in the summer but for the last several years we've had green pastures all summer. That's just crazy but I for one like it. I read that Texas was once tropical. I wonder if we are on the cusp of returning to those conditions?

·
West Coast Moderator
13,090 Posts
I like it down there, especially the hill country. Stationed at Ft. Hood twice then visited a bunch when my son was stationed there. It can definitely rain there, that's for sure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
In Boston we had two official heat waves in June and plenty of days over 90 up to 100. Usually that occurs late July-August.
Now, in July we've had rain for the past three weeks with flash flood warnings today, LOL.
Brutal. My riding has been very little this year so far.

·
Administrator
2,643 Posts
It's the rainy season here in the Phils. 30+ C days and you can almost set your clock that it's going to rain at 4pm - every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts