RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newb 2007 650r owner. Just had it for a few weeks and need some help. The previous owner installed the R&G no-cut sliders on the bike but at some point removed the sliders and left the brackets. I'd rather not pay $100 for new sliders that I can machine from Delrin at work. If anybody who has some on their bike could get some rough dimensions I would greatly appreciate it. I wasn't sure I would use them but after letting my friend ride it (and slide it on the right side) I'm inclined to put them on.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
You can contact them directly and order just the pucks. Most companies do that. I did that with my Yoshimuras even thought it wasnt listed on the web page. Wodcraft, OES and a bunch f other companies all offer replacement pucks and brackets on their site.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can contact them directly and order just the pucks. Most companies do that. I did that with my Yoshimuras even thought it wasnt listed on the web page. Wodcraft, OES and a bunch f other companies all offer replacement pucks and brackets on their site.
R&G being European I'm not sure how shipping and costs would translate out. The ninja650shop.com has them listed at $49.99 PER SIDE, so $100 for just the pucks and bolts. I'm assuming it would be a similar cost getting them from R&G directly. I have access to a lathe and McMaster has Delrin and UHMW Polyetylene for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You can get replacement aftermarket non-R&G frame slider pucks for fifteen bucks from the internet.

ac_FSPucks.jpg

Add another five bucks for bolts and spacers, and you're done -- no fabrication required. Enjoy your twenty buck frame sliders! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I decided to just buy some UHMW Polyethylene from McMaster for $8.76/ft. I can get bolts and washers at work so I'll save a bit there as well. Found a blog that someone took pictures of their slider installation and traced the slider in SolidWorks to get dimensions. If any home machinists want to make their own R&G-knockoff replacement the print I'm using is below. Once I get the material and make the parts I'll take some pictures of them on the bike.

Part2.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my UHMW PE a few days ago. Stayed late at work and turned it on the lathe to be similar to the print. I didn't get fancy and make the concave portion, just a 30* angle. The threads are M10-1.25 and I used an 80mm bolt with a washer. Loctite on all bolts and she's back together for a ride later.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts