RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was curious by chance if anybody knew if you could buy the Kawasaki letters that are on the gas tank new? I looked on the microfiche on Ronayers, but they are not listed as a part that you can order.

The reason I'm asking about them is because I'm thinking about having my tank repainted as there is a couple of small knicks in it and my body man said that the tank would need to be totally repainted for it to look good rather than masking off and spraying the two small knicks. He also said that it would be best to replace the Kawasaki letters with new ones as after you take them off and put them back on, they would probably not go on as well or look good and might kind of peel back up. Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey guys,

I was curious by chance if anybody knew if you could buy the Kawasaki letters that are on the gas tank new? I looked on the microfiche on Ronayers, but they are not listed as a part that you can order.
Hey Z1000 Rider,

I just took a quick look myself...and they're listed on Ronayers...did they tell you that you could not order them?

Just look under 2005 Z1000 > Decals (Titanium)A

Part # 56052-0217
SKU 767169
Price: $21.91 each

I wouldn't try using the old ones...I'm sure it's possible, but for 20 bucks each, go with new.

You gonna get your seat cowl done too??...lol.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Where are you located? And how much is your guy gonna paint it for?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys,

yeah I'm not sure why I couldn't find them listed on Ronayers. I appreciate the help on it everyone, that definitely helps.

You gonna get your seat cowl done too??...lol.
Lol, yeah I actually took it off recently and put the rear seat back on because I got tired of the black and didn't feel like it contrasted all that well. I might just get one that is already painted ti on Ebay or something.

Where are you located? And how much is your guy gonna paint it for?
Washington State. He would do it for $250.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got my tank back from the painter and it came out wonderful!! I knew it would as I've used to him to paint a lot of things in the past like a previous vintage car I fixed up, a complete motorcycle and some other things. He also came down on the price too, nice to know a good painter/body man.

Also just ordered up a new matching titanium rear seat cowl as well! Nice to be able to finally loose that black one I had on there. Man I love these bikes.:headbang::righton:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts