RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm not a computer guru, but how do you get a picture down to 140 x 140 for avatar submittal? When I start with a 640 x 480 pic and try to reduce it, I just end up cropping off part of the picture. I have Adobe Photoshop and I can't find a way to reduce the resolution down to that size.

PC challenged in VA-

kelly

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Good point Doug,

Kelly you will most likely want to crop the picture first. The Cropping is done so you can select the area of the picture you want to keep. The image will still be too large after you crop it, so you will still need to Image Size the new cropped picture.

In Photoshop you:

Select the Rectangular Marquee Tool. It is located in the floating tool box. To make your crop a square, hold the Shift key. Once you have made the rectangle goto:

Image then Crop.

Then do the Image Size.

Andy

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks! I'll try it when I get back home after the holidays. I'm at the inlaws now. You a Molly Hatchet fan Martin?

kelly

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Oh yes! And their album covers are pretty bitchin' too. When I was stationed at Ft. Hood the III Corps Commander adopted this picture as "official". This one is the back cover off the Ft. Hood phone directory. I took it off an old one when I ETS'ed in '89 as a momento. I scanned and reduced it to fit.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
We're experiencing Technical Difficulties.....Please stand by..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts