RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a pic of a MS somewhere that had the muzzy 2-1 pipe but instead of the muffler being upswept like it usually is this pipe was virtually laying "flat" parallel with the ground!? more like the cobra 2-1 power pro pipe.

For those that have installed the pipe, did you have any play at the mounting point of the header pipe to the muffler to alter the angle of the muffler?? if you made a different bracket could you lay the muffler a little more lower at the end, that is not so upswept? Its the only thing I dont like about the pipe - personally - and if I could lay it "flatter" without major modification it would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Meg Mounting

I have never seen that pix, but nope. The meg collectors slide in to the header tubes at a pre-bent/set point. This is also dictated by the fastening point on the swingarm.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Like Troop said, however, if you made a bracket to hang a little lower, you could get it somewhat flatter. I would not push too much.
it is possible the pipe in that pic was modified where the collector meets, or they torqued the snot out of it to make it flat.

To each his own, I like the up-sweep.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I sort of understand what you are trying to say here Aussievulcan. Do you mean fat out , like a lizard drinkin`, coz if you do then the Muzzy pipes will sure let you do that ?:swink:
The fit at the transition on the front end of the Muzzy Megaphone is set up in a jig during manufacture to provide the upswept angle . It is precise so it does not permit any gases to leak out . The quality is excellent .
Yes it can be cut and altered to enable you to lower the rrs end of the megaphone , this would provide you with the look that you desire and the performance also.
Personally , I bought the Muzzy because , 1) It has equal volume headder pipes.
2) It has been designed and tested on a dyno to provide the greatest torque from this configuration .
3) It is less than half the weight of the system that was on my bike .
4) It sounds SO COOL .
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and it is upswept ,,,,,,lol.
You betta git yasalf here Dude and take mine for a thrash , You`d be converted easy , I know .:welcome:
Regards Rossco

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sort of understand what you are trying to say here Aussievulcan. Do you mean fat out , like a lizard drinkin`, coz if you do then the Muzzy pipes will sure let you do that ?:swink:
The fit at the transition on the front end of the Muzzy Megaphone is set up in a jig during manufacture to provide the upswept angle . It is precise so it does not permit any gases to leak out . The quality is excellent .
Yes it can be cut and altered to enable you to lower the rrs end of the megaphone , this would provide you with the look that you desire and the performance also.
2) It has been designed and tested on a dyno to provide the greatest torque from this configuration .
4) It sounds SO COOL .
You betta git yasalf here Dude and take mine for a thrash , You`d be converted easy , I know .:welcome:
Regards Rossco
I am converted dude, I agree with all the 4 points you mentiond, I just dont like the up-sweep. If I can get the pipe to lay a little flatter with some sort of modification (that doesnt compromise their function) THEN I am getting myself a new set of Muzzy pipes!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
..... The meg collectors slide in to the header tubes at a pre-bent/set point.....
Troop, do you think it would work if the collector tubes could be cut and re-welded to angle them down a little? I have not seen the actual pipe so I dont know what all the pieces actually look like.... In your opinion, is there any way of easily modifying the pipe to allow the megaphone to lay down flatter, without screwing up the pipe or creating too much hard work??
I'm guessing your answer will be no. :2far:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Troop, do you think it would work if the collector tubes could be cut and re-welded to angle them down a little? I have not seen the actual pipe so I dont know what all the pieces actually look like.... In your opinion, is there any way of easily modifying the pipe to allow the megaphone to lay down flatter, without screwing up the pipe or creating too much hard work??
I'm guessing your answer will be no. :2far:
I'm not a welder so I know for me it would be no. The (2) input pipes on the meg side are pretty short and you'd have to cut/extend/weld the header tubes to change the meg angle... Troop

·
Registered
213 Posts
Aussievulcan . Yes this modification is simple .
By cutting the forward most circumferential weld at the front end of the megaphone , nearly right around if you cut it from the bottom , and lowering the megaphone to suit yourself , then tacking the previous cut appropriately , yor desire can be achieved .
Take care to sit on the bike and ensure that the megaphone does not hang down below the lowest point at the collector , before you tack it into position ........... If you dont do this it WILL bottom out on the road surface and grind the snot out of the underside of the megaphone .
Only one bracket will need extending ,the extension being equal to the amount of drop you have added to the megaphone .It will be the one which connects to the r/h footpeg bracket .
If I was asked to quote this simple modification my quote would be , you bring me the bike at your expense .
Then to ; Cut meg , Tack , Re- Weld Meg ,Polish meg at weld , Re - fit ,Extend bracket Paint bracket , Re- fit .
Labour @$70.00/Hr ($NZ) --------$140.00
Materials,cutting disc,argon,paint $15.00
$155.00+gst X12.5%
Total =$174.37
So , there ya have it , I used to do this stuff for 30 odd years .Dont get ripped off Dude .
Regards Rossco

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rossco, thats awesome info. I'm loving this idea!

Man, I wish I was in NZ - I would just bring the bike to you :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Aussievulcan ,I`m-F`d-If-I-Know why you want to alter the horniest , sickest ,coolest, deadliest,raunchiest,hottest,angryist,muchoist,well made bit of kit anyway?( you`re not trying to get the harley look are ya ?)Cobra, Supatrapp etc , they`re all horizontal---sort of .
Have you seen the Pics of Troops Bike ?
Did`nt I send ya some of mine ?
I reckon the upswept angle is totally perfect , it blasts right in the face of `other `following cruisers as ya streak past . Have you heard one of these babys growl dude ? Talk about a bulge in ya pants mate !!!!!!! Wwwwwwwweeeelll , everyone to their own I guess. Good luck with your project there Aussievulcan , keep well Dude .
Keep ya speed down , Troop`ys aiming it at ya !!
Regards Rossco

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Aussievulcan ,I`m-F`d-If-I-Know why you want to alter the horniest , sickest ,coolest, deadliest,raunchiest,hottest,angryist,muchoist,well made bit of kit anyway?( you`re not trying to get the harley look are ya ?)Cobra, Supatrapp etc , they`re all horizontal---sort of .
Have you seen the Pics of Troops Bike ?
Did`nt I send ya some of mine ?
I reckon the upswept angle is totally perfect , it blasts right in the face of `other `following cruisers as ya streak past . Have you heard one of these babys growl dude ? Talk about a bulge in ya pants mate !!!!!!! Wwwwwwwweeeelll , everyone to their own I guess. Good luck with your project there Aussievulcan , keep well Dude .
Keep ya speed down , Troop`ys aiming it at ya !!
Regards Rossco
i would love to hear an updated sound clip of these babys. i only heard two and the sound quality left much to be desired. if you could be so kind as to post a sound clip of the infamous muzzy 2-1 i would greatly appreciate it as well as others that are thinking of buying them.

thanks,

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
i would love to hear an updated sound clip of these babys. i only heard two and the sound quality left much to be desired. if you could be so kind as to post a sound clip of the infamous muzzy 2-1 i would greatly appreciate it as well as others that are thinking of buying them.

thanks,
Muzzys have a very nice sound AND performance. Not too loud and not too quiet. Just right...:flamethro

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Muzzys have a very nice sound AND performance. Not too loud and not too quiet. Just right...:flamethro
appreciate the response troop but would still like to hear a decent quality clip of the pipe. what is just right to someone can be not so just right for someone else. do you have any clips of your pipe, or can you do a clip?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
appreciate the response troop but would still like to hear a decent quality clip of the pipe. what is just right to someone can be not so just right for someone else. do you have any clips of your pipe, or can you do a clip?
Didn't you just go to the wicked bros pipes? How many times do you plan on changing your pipes out?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Didn't you just go to the wicked bros pipes? How many times do you plan on changing your pipes out?
chill down dude, just wanted to hear what that pipe sounds like. the clips i heard on you tube were poor in quality, figured someone would have a better quality clip thats all.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
chill down dude, just wanted to hear what that pipe sounds like. the clips i heard on you tube were poor in quality, figured someone would have a better quality clip thats all.
Sorry, not trying to be rude. What would be the best way to record clips? Someone asked for a clip of mine to be sent to him but I was unsure what would be the best way to do it myself.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok Hawaiian, Read this then roll yourself one ,sit back , and close you eyes brother .
In your mind imagine the coolest sounding pipe that you have ever heard , soft and mellow with a deep rumble at idle , the pulsing of each cylinder clear as the heartbeat from within , yet not intrusive or offensive to your mind , roll your head around like Ray Charles in the midst of a sweet blues number and enjoy the beauty of the velvet like murmours of a tormented woman .
Then , visualise a Cheetah leaping from the sky ,right out of the sun , with a 50 cal strapped to it`s back , aiming at you , red hot , right at you , invading your space , snarling , growling , scratching , roaring in anger and intent , the overall crescendo of a wild animal unleashed but yet under your conrol .
Nuthin like it , Muzzy`s betta than this .( the woman bit sounds cool tho , eh?)
Regards Rossco

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
:smokin::smokin:
Ok Hawaiian, Read this then roll yourself one ,sit back , and close you eyes brother .
In your mind imagine the coolest sounding pipe that you have ever heard , soft and mellow with a deep rumble at idle , the pulsing of each cylinder clear as the heartbeat from within , yet not intrusive or offensive to your mind , roll your head around like Ray Charles in the midst of a sweet blues number and enjoy the beauty of the velvet like murmours of a tormented woman .
Then , visualise a Cheetah leaping from the sky ,right out of the sun , with a 50 cal strapped to it`s back , aiming at you , red hot , right at you , invading your space , snarling , growling , scratching , roaring in anger and intent , the overall crescendo of a wild animal unleashed but yet under your conrol .
Nuthin like it , Muzzy`s betta than this .( the woman bit sounds cool tho , eh?)
Regards Rossco

·
Registered
2 Posts
4) It sounds SO COOL .
Regards Rossco
Hi Rossco, I just bought a 2010 Marauder with the Muzzy 2-1 megaphone exhaust.
I hoped that I could ask you a question?
Unfortunately I don't have any papers to he exhaust and think that there ha no fuel adjustment been made. But only the exhaust is changed the rest is all original.
Do you perhaps know if only changing the exhaust requires a power commander to avoid the bike running lean and overheating?
Perhaps you still have the papers from the Muzzy?
Thanks a lot! Stefan

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
Hi. Welcome onboard. This thread is 13 years old and Supaflee hasn't ben here for a number of years. Maybe post a new thread asking your question/s.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts