RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight as I rolled into my garage I smelled burned oil, after a quick inspection I found a small hole just behind the water pump which leaks couple of drops of oil in small intervals, while the engine is running.
It almost like a pressure overflow or similar, I quickly glanced on the repair manual, but could not find out what it is and why does it started to leak all of the sudden.
Two pictures, arrows are pointing to the hole, any idea what is the problem, how to fix it?
Thank you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I found it, for some reason I was trying to look this up on the oil pump section, obviously it was under the cooling section, water pump, duh...
Seems like I need to change couple of seals :(
Sad panda...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sounds like your headed in the right direction, let us know how hard it was.

Take some pictures if possible and good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the info, I already ordered the parts last night before read this.
I'm looking at your order sheet and wondering what are the first item is for, the "O" ring , 21mm?
The rest of my order is identical, except the prices for the other two O-rings went up a bit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed, I love to live close to Bike Bandit's warehouse, they shipped it out yesterday and got it today with regular ground shipping :).
While I like wrenching on the bike, this job sucked! Especially since I just did an oil change couple of weeks ago, and now had to drain the oil, there goes 3.3 qts of synthetic :( .
The worst part was the removal of the mechanical seal from the water pump body. I love how the repair manual just says, to tap out the seal with a rod, well, it took me at least an hour and a half to remove that POS.
Seriously...
Anyway, the whole job took me about 4 hours, and couple of bruised fingers, my neighbors heard couple of (at least hundred) juicy Hungarian curse words. Cost was about 70 bucks with all parts plus oil and coolant.

·
Registered
426 Posts
GTFO! ^

Glad you got it patched up. I feel your pain on that service manual. It would be nice if they had a time frame for stuff and another time line for a normal guys by how many beers it takes.

Oil change = 1 beer
Valve adjustment = full case +

1 - 7 of 7 Posts