RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, maybe someone can help me understand this. I recently completed an oil change, and one of the rubber grommets on the lower cowling/fairing disintegrated when I took it off. I looked up the replacement part on partzilla/cheapcycleparts and the replacement part doesn't seem to match what is currently on the lower cowling now.

The replacement part, 92210-0498, is a smooth grommet, while there are two different size grommets on the lower cowling, neither of which are smooth (see attached). They have some rubber on the other side to keep the grommet from being pulled through.

Any idea what part I need for the lower cowling? It seems that if I use the 92210-0498 replacement part, there is nothing that will keep the whole grommet from just being pulled through the cowling when I screw it in. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
見る
2,936 Posts
Just a wild, uneducated guess here: but it seems that the original in your pics is the same as the partszilla one, once your push the grommet through its mounting hole and tighten the fairing bolt, the bolt draws the nut at the end of the grommet forward, compressing the body of the grommet against the mounting point - thus preventing it being drawn through the mounting hole.

Reactions: AusEr6guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a wild, uneducated guess here: but it seems that the original in your pics is the same as the partszilla one, once your push the grommet through its mounting hole and tighten the fairing bolt, the bolt draws the nut at the end of the grommet forward, compressing the body of the grommet against the mounting point - thus preventing it being drawn through the mounting hole.
I didn't realize the grommet itself would compress like that, but that makes sense. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts