RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have renthol handlebars now and like them but i was wondering if anyone had any experience in changing them out to handlebars similar to other sport bikes. I want to make it look and feel more like a GSXR. BTW i have a 2006 ninja 650r loving the bike just want to change the handlebars. Anyone done it? or know how or what my next step could be?

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
I have renthol handlebars now and like them but i was wondering if anyone had any experience in changing them out to handlebars similar to other sport bikes. I want to make it look and feel more like a GSXR. BTW i have a 2006 ninja 650r loving the bike just want to change the handlebars. Anyone done it? or know how or what my next step could be?
Sport bars.
I think some people have used clip ons. But can't remember if they used the stock forks or had swapped already.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Honestly you can change the bar position...but the ergos between a GSXR and this bike are night and day. You may be able to find some clip ons from a older bike that used right side up forks but sport bars would be the cheapest and easiest option.

·
Registered
153 Posts
btw, the upper tubes are 41mm, so if you want clip ons those will be what you need. with that being said, youll have to cut the fairings to get them to work, so sport bars may be a better option. that or sell the 650 and actually get a supersport.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have adjustable clip ons on my 2014 650. Didn't rewrote any cutting. Just raised the forks about half an inch. And before someone brings up the whole raising the forks/changing rake/changing geometry.....I already know......its common sense. Hasn't caused problems, hasn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I preferred the SM bars when I had my '07 650. A little more adjustability than the sport bars. I ended up mounting them with 1 inch risers so I could tilt them downward more than the sport bars. The other thing you need is rear sets to complement the forward lean.

I went through many sets of bars before I realized that what I really wanted was the ergos of the Versys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts