RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo!

I've got an '09 ER6n and have been going back and forth on whether to get a little windscreen for it or to see if Ninja 650r(EX650/ER6f) fairings would fit on it. I'm assuming the frame and engine placement is the same on both bikes(within the same model year), but just to be sure is it possible to take fairings for a Ninja 650r and install them without hassle on an ER6n? In other words if I bought a set of non-OEM Ninja 650r fairings, could I install them on my bike?

If it's a hassle, then of the available windscreens that fit the ER6n, which is the best option between fork-mounted and bar-mounted in terms of stability at speed? Or are there any windscreens that have a different mounting mechanism entirely?

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Since ER6N and Ninja 650R have identical frame, it is possible.

The Ninja 650R will require more nuts and bolts and maybe some additional brackets.

Also the other problem is the gauge cluster, unless you're willing to replace your gauge cluster (some wiring work?), you will somehow have to trim/modify the fairing to put ER6N gauge cluster on Ninja 650R fairing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since ER6N and Ninja 650R have identical frame, it is possible.

The Ninja 650R will require more nuts and bolts and maybe some additional brackets.

Also the other problem is the gauge cluster, unless you're willing to replace your gauge cluster (some wiring work?), you will somehow have to trim/modify the fairing to put ER6N gauge cluster on Ninja 650R fairing.
Follow-up question: Do they both use the same gauge cluster? Because if so wouldn't I be able to refit the cluster into the new fairing, as well as the headlights?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Follow-up question: Do they both use the same gauge cluster? Because if so wouldn't I be able to refit the cluster into the new fairing, as well as the headlights?
no, they do not have same gauge cluster.

The Ninja 650R and ER6N have same frame, but head light is different (as you said), as well as fairings and gauge cluster.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's not as easy as it sounds and is actually probably easier to go from a 650r to ER6n. The fairing mounts on the 650r are not present on the ER6n. It would probably yield better results to sell the ER6n and just buy a 650r.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put a puig screen on my Er years ago and have always loved the difference it made. Try that first?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.