·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Love that color

Reactions: Rasmith

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Congrats. My '12 has 30,000 miles on it. I will advise that you keep a sharp eye on the speedo while you get used to it. 90 feels like 60. Very easy to cruise 15 over and think you are going the speed limit. The nice thing is that it handles all curves at 15 over with ease.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I love the color as well! Congrats on the new mount.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
That color has to be one of the best ever for that bike. Great price, too. And a big "for sure" when it comes to speed. That bike makes you think everyone else drives very, very slow.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That color has to be one of the best ever for that bike. Great price, too. And a big "for sure" when it comes to speed. That bike makes you think everyone else drives very, very slow.
Yea I really noticed that on the 2 that I have ridden. So smooth, quiet, and having great wind protection really masks the speed.

"No way officer I was going over 100. You need to re-calibrate your ray gun sir."

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow just discovered that my Connie was first sold in April of last year.

So the factory warranty is good til April 2017.

How cool is that?

Every now and then I get lucky!

Picking her up next Tuesday and after seeing my son and family will make the 1000 mile trek home.

Life is good.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
The most common warranty on these is for the front brake rotors. On several bikes, they've warped. That and the tire pressure sensors.

Otherwise, bulletproof bikes.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Congrats!
You have the fastest color. (some say Silver is fastest. I disagree) Now you get to Mod-Farkle it up to your taste! Go to Concours Owners Group (COG) - Home Page

Join up. There are lots of SOCAL members. There's a National Rally in Cortez CO this June. Guhl is offering an ECU flash on premise for 300.00 and there will be several other vendors there as well. Just don't expect it to be a Sturgis event. It's low-key (300+ Riders), no group riding (small groups) and after ride gatherings.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats!
You have the fastest color. (some say Silver is fastest. I disagree) Now you get to Mod-Farkle it up to your taste! Go to Concours Owners Group (COG) - Home Page

Join up. There are lots of SOCAL members. There's a National Rally in Cortez CO this June. Guhl is offering an ECU flash on premise for 300.00 and there will be several other vendors there as well. Just don't expect it to be a Sturgis event. It's low-key (300+ Riders), no group riding (small groups) and after ride gatherings.
Hey thanks Ras. I see you also have good taste in cars.

Bought my wife a 2012 Murano a couple years ago. Really like it.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Hawkerjet, the c14 is very much like our Ninjas were in that Kawasaki corked up the low end. The reflash, or butterfly removal adds low end like you cant even imagine. When carrying a passenger, you cant give it full throttle above 300 rpm or the front end is up.

A Sargent seat, or stock zx14 seat is a upgrade....go figure.

I think goign with the newer bike is a better option. Ignore the linked brakes and enjoy the better heat management.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hawkerjet, the c14 is very much like our Ninjas were in that Kawasaki corked up the low end. The reflash, or butterfly removal adds low end like you cant even imagine. When carrying a passenger, you cant give it full throttle above 300 rpm or the front end is up.

A Sargent seat, or stock zx14 seat is a upgrade....go figure.

I think goign with the newer bike is a better option. Ignore the linked brakes and enjoy the better heat management.
Yea the heat was a big factor in my decision. I am retiring and moving back to Fresno this July where it gets plenty hot. Up to 110 in the summer.

When I saw this 2012 with only 1400 miles for 10k I could not restrain myself.

Thanks Roland. Let me know if you ever get out this way. We will have to ride!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked up the Connie in Idaho on Tuesday evening. Began the journey home on Thursday. Overnight in Reno after 475 miles. Made it to Fresno (about 300 miles) today. Had a blast in the Sierras. Then Monday will be back to Santa Barbara.

Enjoyed temps from 28 to 91 degrees. Gas mileage from 37 to 42 mpg. Bike is super smooth. 100 feels like 55.

Every boy needs one of these!

Plus did a short ride with a BMW buddy today. Great roads out of Fresno (gonna retire and move back in July)

That adds up to about 850 miles since Tuesday and I am not even tired!

Great bike.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
There was an offer on one of the concours 14 forums. A dealer was offering the extended warranty on these for way cheap. Years of extra coverage. Might be worth a look. Some extended so far, 08's are still covered.

GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

1 - 15 of 15 Posts