RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a screaming deal on a 09 C109 so I dropped the dime.

A friend of mine with more money then brains bought his wife a new C109. Just because your wife is a little larger then most doesn't mean she can handle a big bike and down she went. She's OK brusied but Ok.
Now she tells her husband NO WAY is she getting back on the bike. So he gets the money from the ins to fix the bike, put that in his pocket and calls me on the phone and says he remembers I wanted a M109 and then asked would I like to buy this C109 with 400 miles on the clock.

I go by and see the damage and here's what I found. Left side turn signal and mirror, stock grip scraped up, reflector missing off folk, air cover damaged, left bag gone to pieces, rear turn signal broken and the paint is scratch on the left side of the rear fender. I ask him how much? He says $5,500. I say sold and ride it home.

Now in the HP dept this thing is a monster, even at stock it puts my M95 to shame but in the turns and I've seen some peg scraping videos on the net for the C109 but the Meanie would eat this bikes lunch all day.

I'll post some pick as soon as I can.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Nice. The only thing that'll cost some money to fix is the bag which will need to be replaced. Everything else is stuff people change anyways when they get a bike.

·
Registered
368 Posts
nice ride. I always like the HP on those bike,,,,cool look too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Post some pics or it didn't happen!
I also have a 1974 Ford Maverick that is Street/Strip (Tag and inspec to drive on VA highways) currently runs 9.60 1/4 on the bottle but I've never posted any pictures of that. Does that mean I'm lying?

I have a completely customized 2006 C50 painted with House of Kolors Blue/Black Marblizer paint and then every mod that came down the road but I don't post pictures of that either or my 01 VS800 with custom paint and other goodies.

So I can talk the talk but not walk the walk?
Wanta see a picture of my house too?

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Well, I posted a pic of my stable in the pictures section. But of course I could have just had some friends over and lined the bikes up. I guess at some point people have to trust. I think in your case they are just ragging on you and really want to see pics of the new bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, I posted a pic of my stable in the pictures section. But of course I could have just had some friends over and lined the bikes up. I guess at some point people have to trust. I think in your case they are just ragging on you and really want to see pics of the new bike.
Sorry to all!

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Man I could live on those porches. Sipping mint juleps in the shade or fresh squeeze lemonaide with my wife dressed in her summer dress just feeling the breeze on a beautiful summer day.

I'll even let the Suzuki and Fords slide since I am a Kawasaki and GM guy. ;)

Love the license plates.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I also have a 1974 Ford Maverick that is Street/Strip (Tag and inspec to drive on VA highways) currently runs 9.60 1/4 on the bottle but I've never posted any pictures of that. Does that mean I'm lying?

I have a completely customized 2006 C50 painted with House of Kolors Blue/Black Marblizer paint and then every mod that came down the road but I don't post pictures of that either or my 01 VS800 with custom paint and other goodies.

So I can talk the talk but not walk the walk?
Wanta see a picture of my house too?
Whaaa??? Only kidding man! I just wanted to see your new ride. Didn't mean it in that sense whatsoever. Sorry if it seemed that way. Glad you found a good deal.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Momeanie for being such a butt on my last posting, one should not post on the forum after having a very bad day. I was taking out my anger at the wrong place. You guys have all helped me so much all have have for each one of you is respect and a thankful heart that this forum exist.

Just like the guy I bought the bike from, I kept telling him that the damage was on the right and he kept calling it the left side. I posted the damage was on the left side, it's the right.

Here a couple of pictures, I've already got all the parts to the Kids at Vo-Tech. Teacher says about 8 to 10 weeks and I'll have them back better then new. Estmate for repairs from the school 75.00 total including paint. Going with a House of Kolor Dark Purple-Black Marblizer.
Total for the rest that I wouldn't have changed if not damaged $900.00
Total for what I would've changed with a new bike??? Alot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts