RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
I called around in the U.S. and couldn't find anyplace that has them. All on back order till August

·
Registered
72 Posts
That might be the case. I went to the puig website, called one of the three american distributers listed on the site, they said they only ship to dealers so the lady gave me a webite to type my zip in to find the nearest dealers to me (cant remember the sight), that sight said the nearest puig selling dealer was in michigan (there were three in michigan and I live in Iowa), called them they said they new of a dealer in missouri that was closer to me so I called them to order. Ordered it from them 2 wks ago and had it in less than one week but the parts guy said I got the second to last one they had. It was definatley a process.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got mine from Riders Discount on ebay,less than $79 shipped and recieved it in 5 days.
Good People lookem up. Peace and have a happy 4th

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is a dark smoke on ebay for $97 shipped just search kawasaki windscreen puig. They picture a busa but i emailed them and it is the correct puig part no. Id still double check if i were you though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my puig wind screen. Installed it nearly identical to Barry's setup- removed the factory wind screen and flipped the stubbs and used some rubber shims to find a great look. This way the puig looks fantastic but I fealt that the wind protection was not a substancial increase over stock. My final setup is with the stubbs installed the way puig recommends but still w/o the factory screen underneath the puig. I also did not need any rubber shims in the end. With this setup there is much more wind protection IMO. The look is not quite as sexy but still pretty good. Compared to Barry's the front of my puig is closer to the head lamps and the top of the screen is slighlty more verticle. It all depends on what your tastes are i guess. I think buying the puig was well worth it. It looks pretty darn good and there are a variety of ways to set it up depending on ones taste. It does not take alot of time to flip back and forth between the variuos setups too. Ill post some pics in the future. On an unrelated note it doesnt seem like there are many VIDEO posts of the 4-2-1 akra in action. Im gonna post one.
  • I try to install it without the shims as you have done but my brake lever always touch the windshield when i turn. How did you succeed without shims?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts