RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orderd it tonight.Installation instructions say to install it on top of factory screen,ill try that and without and post pics for all.I hope i dont hate the look,But if i do and your looking to get one,might be your lucky day!
I really hope i dont hate it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just fitted my new Sportisi screen and loving it - there are photos in the photo thread and it really makes a difference taking the wind pressure of my chest but still leaving my helmet in clean air.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just fitted my new Sportisi screen and loving it - there are photos in the photo thread and it really makes a difference taking the wind pressure of my chest but still leaving my helmet in clean air.
Do you have any pictures to share?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was a little nervous when I order mine. However when I received it the quality was second to none. The install was easy and straight forward and the looks are awesome. I was more concerned about what color to order, ended up getting the smoke and very happy with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i am happy that you got your screen in time just before your long ride with your other buddy.. just enjoy it bro.it realy make alots of difrent with the wint blast. now you understand more what i had told your before.hehehe

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recieved my puig screen today.I must say in stock form i could see how it would provide better wind protection.But this is only my opinion and i want to state this clearly for all that are thinking of purchasing this screen,it was not as clean looking as i had seen in the many and i do mean many photos i had seen of it.
Not that i didnt appreciate the shape and overall fit,which is excellent! It just did not give me the look i wanted. But with time and a run to the local hardware store,I have in my mind made this thing look awesome.I had to reversve the monting stubs,remove the factory screen which in the instructions you dont have to.Bought some rubber shims and played with the shims the mount pedastals and i guess you know what im talkin about.Removed the factory screen and after a couple of hours came up with a mount that looks hot and will be functional to house my aftermarket temp gauge and gi pro i alreafy have.Will post pics but its 2:34 am and i got to work tommorow.Wil let you know more later,havent even been able to get a ride in yet...Peace...Barry

·
Registered
719 Posts
Recieved my puig screen today.I must say in stock form i could see how it would provide better wind protection.But this is only my opinion and i want to state this clearly for all that are thinking of purchasing this screen,it was not as clean looking as i had seen in the many and i do mean many photos i had seen of it.
Not that i didnt appreciate the shape and overall fit,which is excellent! It just did not give me the look i wanted. But with time and a run to the local hardware store,I have in my mind made this thing look awesome.I had to reversve the monting stubs,remove the factory screen which in the instructions you dont have to.Bought some rubber shims and played with the shims the mount pedastals and i guess you know what im talkin about.Removed the factory screen and after a couple of hours came up with a mount that looks hot and will be functional to house my aftermarket temp gauge and gi pro i alreafy have.Will post pics but its 2:34 am and i got to work tommorow.Wil let you know more later,havent even been able to get a ride in yet...Peace...Barry
:worthless

·
Registered
54 Posts
Excuse me if I'm not quite getting it but it appears you've spent alot of time and made a trip to the hardware store to make the screen look exactly like it should have been fitted in the first place?

I tried fitting mine without the factory screen in place but I didn't like being able to see the top of the headlight assembly over the dash so I put it back. I guess if your intending to mount something in there you'll need the room?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactaly going to mount a digital temp gauge next to my GIpro soon. The mod doesnt show up that well in the pics but it lowered the top of the screen by almost an inch and a half. If you look at a factory install and look at the gauges (my gauges are in the lowest position)you can see how much closer mine is due to lowering it. I didnt like it so much mounted the factory way i was thinking about selling it but now i love it.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just got my puig wind screen. Installed it nearly identical to Barry's setup- removed the factory wind screen and flipped the stubbs and used some rubber shims to find a great look. This way the puig looks fantastic but I fealt that the wind protection was not a substancial increase over stock. My final setup is with the stubbs installed the way puig recommends but still w/o the factory screen underneath the puig. I also did not need any rubber shims in the end. With this setup there is much more wind protection IMO. The look is not quite as sexy but still pretty good. Compared to Barry's the front of my puig is closer to the head lamps and the top of the screen is slighlty more verticle. It all depends on what your tastes are i guess. I think buying the puig was well worth it. It looks pretty darn good and there are a variety of ways to set it up depending on ones taste. It does not take alot of time to flip back and forth between the variuos setups too. Ill post some pics in the future. On an unrelated note it doesnt seem like there are many VIDEO posts of the 4-2-1 akra in action. Im gonna post one.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whats your height? Im only 5'7" and with it set the way i did it takes nearly all the blast off my chest,helmet and arms are still in smooth air.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am 5'11''. With my setup there is still some wind hitting my head but definatley better than stock. If you put some miles on with the screen in the more verticle position with the taller mounts up top you might notice even less wind blasting your face. But then again it wont look quite as sleek. I have already got used to having the screen setup up the way it is now. Pics still to come and a short akra vid.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guys,

I am trying to purchase the Light Smoke Puig windscreen for the 2011 N1K. I have one on back-order from Super Bike Supply. It was supposed to be in by July 15th. They just informed me the item has been delayed until mid August. Anyone know another place i can get a hold of one?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts