Step 1

Cut this crap off

Step 2

Grind to desired shape

Step 3

Coat with your choice of coating

Step 4

Enjoy!

This was well worth the effort to me. While I was at it I powder coated the foot controls and frame covers as well, so they would all match

·
Registered
217 Posts
the previous owner of my bike did a similar thing though I think he found some rear sets that work or they were an extra pair he cut down. So at least if I wanted to go back to passenger setup.

Sweet mod man, I like it. Not sure what I'd do about the rear exhaust hangers, but I'm sure something could be made.
Looks like he made a simple bracket. There was someone on here that has a Green Z up in Canada that also made a nice bracket I think. Lucky for me I Have the IXIL undertail so my exhaust mounts to the frame.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, made a real quick and dirty exhaust hanger. I have an idea for something better, but this works for now

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nice, I was planning on churching up my old stockers as well this winter just for something to do. I actually did it half assed for a few weeks when I did my swingarm mod until I got my Riz rearsets. I put heel guards from an R1 or R6 on that I got pretty cheap as well. I am gonna clean them up and paint them just for fun, maybe drill a few holes to make them look cooler.

View attachment 49048

View attachment 49049

Couple more pics in the old thread - CLICK

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice, I was planning on churching up my old stockers as well this winter just for something to do. I actually did it half assed for a few weeks when I did my swingarm mod until I got my Riz rearsets. I put heel guards from an R1 or R6 on that I got pretty cheap as well. I am gonna clean them up and paint them just for fun, maybe drill a few holes to make them look cooler.

View attachment 49048

View attachment 49049

Couple more pics in the old thread - CLICK
Those are sweet. Maybe powdercoat 'em black?:D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Rembrant!

Thats a good idea on the p-clips, I hadnt thought of those. But the exhaust hanger I made I pretty much bent into a P clip, it just isnt as nice. I will have to start measuring hangers to see which one will work best for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts