RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know weather or not there are Progressive Fork Springs made for the ZR-7S? If there are does anyone know the price? Also if they are available and anyone has them please tell me how they perform. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Springs

I replaced my springs with some made by Eibach Springs, 17817 Gillette Avenue, Irvine, California. (www.eibach.com).
I didn't use progressive springs but they may make them.
If you go to any reputable suspension shop they should be able to supply you with springs that will fit. As long as the spring is the right diameter (ie for 41mm forks) it doesn't matter if they are a little shorter (mine were 15mm shorter) as you can make up the difference with spacers.
Good luck.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hyperpro

Some of the group have installed the Hyperpro fork kit wich includes progressive springs and 15W oil.
The result transforms the bike!!
You should look at a previous thread to find the details.

Aris

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
My Hyperpro kit cost about $200 aussie fitted (usd100).

That price included the dealer checking it after a month to see if I was happy with it. They volunteered to adjust the fork oil etc to suit my riding after settling the springs in. No adjustment needed but nice after sales service anyway.

:)

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Progressive Springs are $75 bucks. Holeshot Performance sells them. Not sure what ther web address is, but I'm sure you can track it down. I think I'm ordering a set pretty soon...

Emrah

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. everyone. I think I am going to go with the progressive springs for $75.00. It may take me a while to come up with the money, but I think it will be well worth it. Now I need to find out who will install them for me, as I am not very mechanical and stick to oil changes and chain adjustments. After that all I need to do is find $300.00 :eek: for a Corbin seat.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Where did you get your Hyperpro kit fitted Mike ? Brighton Kawasaki quoted me around $Aus200 but I haven't asked yet what brand/manufacturer they would be using.

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
I had mine fitted at Pablos Tyres in Richmond when I got the chain/sprockets done.

They need to know your weight before they order them, the type of riding you do, whether you carry a passenger etc. There are a number of springs available apparently.

Mine was an inch taller and rode like a pogo stick the first few hundred km's but it's been spot on since.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Ok, next question, what did you have done with the chain and sprockets ? Can't recall reading your post on this. Sorry.

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
I wore them out ....

At about 21-22000km of daily riding they were shot. Winter muck really destroys them. I started to get a horrendous rattling sound coming home from work one Saturday. Had them replaced on the Monday.

I went std front (steel-genuine) and 1 tooth up on the rear ( alum- non genuine ).

Cost about $300 for the full set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts