RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my brake lever recently broke off when my bike was knocked over in a parking garage. I thought i would try out some shorty levers, I went with some cheap ebay ones, $40. They are much higher quality material than i expected and look great. But there are some problems...

The clutch does not seem to fully engage anymore. The bike will not move while i hold the lever down (for neutral). I think the clutch cable may need to be just a tad shorter like a 1/2" so i can fully engage clutch again. Is there a way to do this without sacrificing the strength of the cable or buying a whole new one? or maybe there is another reason the clutch wont fully engage?

Also on my brake lever side , the master cylinder plunger came off... (the silver ball thing that engages the brake) i did re-attach it but am wondering if i will now need to bleed the brakes? as i can hear the brake pad is sliding on the front rotor slightly.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay solved the problems myself haha. went ahead and bore out the aftermarket brake lever whole just a tad because it was pushing the plunger in activating the brakes just barely. also I think i am just going to buy a new clutch cable, mine is probably worn out anyways. But yall feel free to chime in anyways!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I only bought aftermarket levers for the Z and they were from the the2wheels. I had no installation issues. They just needed to be tightened up a bit. Basically, I have no experience with aftermarket levers for the 650.

As for the clutch cable, I replaced mine earlier than I thought it would need to but mine actually frayed. I don't recall the mileage but I'd guess somewhere around 12K.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't quite have the same problem, but the amount of "slop" in my China levers made me laugh. A $50 life lesson :p. So are Pazzo levers the best, or what? Thought I would ask here rather than starting another thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts