RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
That's a great outlet location, I've been looking at mine trying to decide where to put it without being an eyesore

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I ended up locating the power outlet tucked in behind the left gusset, above the fast idle. nice and concealed, yet readily accessible. By the way Paul, those gusset covers are gonna look awesome on here.

PwrOutlet1.jpg PwrOutlet2.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
100_4400.JPG Here is where i mounted mine I just drilled that small 1/4 inch hole out on the frame and installed power outlet with a black cover cant see it unless your looking for it I also use it to plug in battery maintainer just changed out the clips for a male lighter plug in

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like the Powerlet products. Smaller receptacle than the lighter socket, magnetized connection (a lot like the Apple power cords for laptops) and there are a bunch of different connectors and dongles you can get for all your different items. Powerlet is proud of their products though, so they can get a bit spendy.

Powerlet Products - Rugged power outlets, cables and electronics

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's two accessory connections already but they can't take a large load. One is right near the battery where I connected the pc3. The other is underneath the tank on the left hand side. I used it for hard wiring my gps. If you need a big amp type of thing like heated clothing then do it to the battery.
Did you have to take off the gas tank?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts