RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Conmar, what did you use for the bracket? Is it just a piece of aluminum, or did the power outlet come with one (in which case I'd like to know which outlet).

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
A piece of 2" angled aluminum. I did it kinda quickly for a trip I was taking late last year. After taking pictures of it the other day, I've got some changes I'd like to make to it. I really want to round the corners off the bottom and paint it flat black. It was a challenge to get the bolt on with the outlet secured to the bracket, so I had to let the outlet hang out the front with the retention nut up against the back of the face while I tightened the handle bar nut. Then I pulled the wires taught and connected it. If I take it back off, I'd have to in route the wiring, or cut and re-solder and shrink tubing again.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I still want to pull the mount back off to round the corners and paint flat black.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Here is mine, 12V socket and 5V USB. Connects with standard charger port and I made a set of jumper cables to connect at the main plug as well. This is the second time I have used this type and really like them.
Mean Streak Power Port.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Just found these on ebay View attachment 70291 They are kinda steep at $28.50 but they had many cheaper ones too. I am grabbing this one because
A. Its Chrome
B. It has a USB port which my cell phone will plug into ( I use my cell phone with headphones to listen to music while I ride and I use my phones GPS a lot too)

link New Eklipes Cobra Chrome Motorcycle Power Adapter Charger for iPhone iPad GPS | eBay
Thats the same one I have but mine is in black. I have used the chrome one before and they work great.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just found these on ebay View attachment 70291 They are kinda steep at $28.50 but they had many cheaper ones too. I am grabbing this one because
A. Its Chrome
B. It has a USB port which my cell phone will plug into ( I use my cell phone with headphones to listen to music while I ride and I use my phones GPS a lot too)

link New Eklipes Cobra Chrome Motorcycle Power Adapter Charger for iPhone iPad GPS | eBay
Steep? Hardly when you compare it to the Kuryakyn model Electrical Power Point | Accessory Mounts | Küryakyn

That's a good price for something which has additional power outlets for USB along with the main cig lighter type accessory AND an on/off switch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How many actually use our fest idle maybe living in AZ has something to do with me never having touching it. I removed it with the plan of install the plug there. I will route my USB cable for my phone down and because my phone is my GPS one cable one plug and done.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
How many actually use our fest idle maybe living in AZ has something to do with me never having touching it. I removed it with the plan of install the plug there. I will route my USB cable for my phone down and because my phone is my GPS one cable one plug and done.
I live in Michigan and never used it since I've had my bike (2002).

·
Registered
882 Posts
I also never use mine living in Las Vegas the times it does drop down to freezing I will just idle it up a bit with the throttle

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I'm electrified for less than $10

Looks good,where did you wire it to?
Btw on a side note,when I looked at the first picture,my eyes were drawn to your brake reservoir. ,,fluid looks it needs a change. Should look clear. Just lookn out for ya.or maybe is just a reflection.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I picked up this small, high quality dual USB outlet for my bike. It was about $22 shipped.

image.jpg

My bike has the typical separate risers instead of drag bars like the MS. I've discussed plans with Paul about making a single top riser clamp similar to this:

image.jpg

Then the power outlet would be recessed into the riser clamp for a clean look.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good,where did you wire it to?
Btw on a side note,when I looked at the first picture,my eyes were drawn to your brake reservoir. ,,fluid looks it needs a change. Should look clear. Just lookn out for ya.or maybe is just a reflection.
I believe its just the lighting in the picture but I grounded it to the frame and ran a wire with a fuse to the battery

41 - 60 of 67 Posts