RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My Mexican boy accidently polished tires on motorcycle, with Armour tire polish and cleaning stuff, when he was washing my bikes and cars. I know now not to ride these bikes, but now how to to make tires back to the condition, so that I can ride it again. Should I just wait or rub some dirt in to it. Or is there another solution.
One thing for certain, I am going to be washing my own bikes from now.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You can polish the sidewalls but not the tread part. The only solutions I have heard to this is to use sandpaper to rough up the wheel again or just ride it REALLY carefully until the stuff wears off.

·
Registered
540 Posts
:thud:

·
Registered
198 Posts
W.T.F?

·
Registered
113 Posts
i would totally not ride it off, even carefully. i would find a another solution.

I have gotten a little tire shine on my tread by accident and its like driving on ice.

·
Banned
679 Posts
I like how nobody commented on his "mexican boy"

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i used armour-all on the sidewalls of my suzuki 1500. the next day i went down in a superslow, easy, typical right hand turn. at first i blamed it on the armour-all, but later i decided i must have rear-braked while in the turn....ergo, operator error. doh.

·
Registered
414 Posts
+1
i would totally not ride it off, even carefully. i would find a another solution.

I have gotten a little tire shine on my tread by accident and its like driving on ice.
+1
I like how nobody commented on his "mexican boy"
I clicked off on purpose before I started a bigot rant.
I'm commenting.
:confuse:
That is it?

...huff
"...My Mexican boy..."
Id like to put my foot up your low lif....
*gets pulled away from keyboard by his Mexican wife*

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi; An opinion and advice sought about a repair order that my son received today. We were both riding our bikes I was on 2009 Ninja 650R and my son on Ninja ZX-6R, enjoying the friendly competition before he heads to college. When he misjudged his fuel and his gas ran out. I told him OK, just stay put and I will get some gas. It took me about 20-25 minutes to get it. In the same time a cop on motorcycle stops, and asks my son what is the issue ? He told him that he ran out of gas. Instead of helping him with gas this cop starts to check on his motorcycle, brakes, lights , even tire pressure , looks like he did not like my son, who is a mild mannered boy of Asian Indian origin. My son had made two revision to the bike, he had changed tail lights with new " Fender eliminator type " kit.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wow, both the racial remark and polishing of the tires are equally bad. I suppose a shop mechanic forgetting to tighten the brake bleeder valve on the front brake would probably best those two.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I was amazed that he had a mexican boy in Maryland! I hope the boy's parents aren't missing him.

·
Registered
414 Posts
btw
:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let me clear up some confusion. It was not meant as an insult to Mexicans. We are way oversensitive about race. What would I call Mexican boy in late teens ? Lawn care crew in our neighborhood is of Mexican origin. I used to struggle with washing my cars, this gentleman asked me if I would like his " boy " to do it. I jumped at the proposition, as I never liked doing it washing cars, or cutting grass. So, for about last few years he has been doing this plus other odd jobs. What is so racist or offensive about it, if I may ask ? Rather it is good that they are working and earning money, instead of getting money from social services agencies. They are nice people, I respect them, we get along well. It was just a motorcycle questions. I did not know so many of us have been brainwashed by political correctness. They would not offer any job to any one, but will have this "touchy feely" sentimentality. Thanks, to those who have advised. By the way, I am also a "so called" minority i.e. Asian Indian.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with race (maybe it does)...you let this "boy" wash your car and bike but don't even know his name? Do you call him Mexican boy when he's doing all the jobs that you don't want to do?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts