RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With snow on the ground and a rear tire with no tread left, it's probably time to face the inevitable 4-5 months of PMS ... that's Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. It was a good year though, well over 20,000km/12,500 miles.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I have riding weather almost all year long and can't get that kind of mileage on the bike. Just remember, there is always the next season.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Nice...

It was a good year though, well over 20,000km/12,500 miles.
Sounds like a good year for you! I've not come close to a 5-digit year on my bike ever.

7,000 to 8,000 miles is good for me. I guess I need to take a few longer jaunts during the year.

Only good thing is, I should be able to keep riding if I can just stay warm.....

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Only good thing is, I should be able to keep riding if I can just stay warm.....
heated gear. :agree: I stay warm down into the 20s with heated jacket liner and heated gloves. Don't know if they will work below that because I don't see below that around here.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a good year for you! I've not come close to a 5-digit year on my bike ever.

7,000 to 8,000 miles is good for me. I guess I need to take a few longer jaunts during the year.

Here's the difference ... we ride 2 days just to get into southern Virginia and eastern West Virgina to ride the good roads (plus 2 days back home). You live there and have a built in headstart.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Good Point

Here's the difference ... we ride 2 days just to get into southern Virginia and eastern West Virgina to ride the good roads (plus 2 days back home). You live there and have a built in headstart.
You make a very valid point Craig. I hope the next time you are down "this way" that we will make a point to meet somewhere!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm almost there too Craig. We've had a snowfall already here in SLC but the weather is now decent. I got in an hour ride yesterday and i'll probably get a few more in but they're getting few and far between. I have just a little over 8K in this year. Another 2 weeks or so and i'll put her to bed for a few months.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bet it's a long 4-5 months waiting for the weather to be bike friendly. My PMS season here in Houston is from June-Oct. I don't ride much when temps are in the 90s. Even after dark it's still 85+ with lots of humidity. I do most of my riding in the spring and fall. During the winter we have some nice days to ride-whenever it's not raining that is. But usually in the winter my riding is done during daylight hours 'cause it can get cold when the sun goes down.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
As a former US President used to say, I feel your pain.

I hate to say it, but my season will likely end earlier than usual. I commute on my bike as often as possible, and when it was a 10-mile ride I could do it down into the 20sF, but now my commute is 40 miles and it's too cold for too long below 30F. Plus I have to worry about the weather when it's time to go home. If it's snowed much or had freezing rain during the day, I can't ride home.

I'm not winterizing the bike yet, of course, but the season is winding down quickly for me. Seems strange tho, since I usually ride into December. :(

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While I was set to put my bike away last week, a quick check of the Weather Channel said that this week might be good. So, I got a bonus week and a couple of nice rides in. Tomorrow the bike is going to bed though ... frosted over bridges every morning mean it's time. One more warm day for a little ride to fill up the tank and give it a wash. My tire is done anyway. A good season for me, and stay safe for those who can still ride.

·
Registered
366 Posts
No ice or snow yet so I'm still riding! 17,632 miles so far this year but it doesn't look like I'm going to meet my goal of 20,000 miles. Wife wouldn't let me take my long trip this year, had to go on a Caribbean cruise instead. Oh well.....best of both worlds I guess!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Going to be in the low 70's in the Carolinas this weekend... :silly:

·
Registered
705 Posts
70 today in NE Ohio, but this evening it is going the bad direction, now that I am older I really don't like anything less than 40, my earlier indescretions came back to make me pay.:ithank:

·
Registered
13 Posts
PMS solution

I use the winter months to plan my next trip: got all the maps from AMA (AAA) and there's lots of good sites on the net to find the best road. This year I did coast to coast in Canada, stored my bike East and next year I'll do coast to coast through the States. YIPPEE!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts