RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new right handlebar for my 2010 ninja 250 and whilst swapping it with the bent one I noticed under the throttle along the bar facing the front of the bike is a small hole, it looked like something was supposed to go there but I installed it anyways and now with it on as tight as I can make it I can still wigle around the throttle it's very dangerous, pls help as I can't find anything online referencing what it could be.

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
Hi. Welcome onboard. There is a small metal/plastic pin that sits in the throttle switch gear and it goes into the hole in the bars when you assemble it, to prevent exactly what's happening to your throttle switch gear right now.

This is not your assembly but will give you an idea:

Automotive lighting Gas Cameras & optics Camera accessory Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Welcome onboard. There is a small metal/plastic pin that sits in the throttle switch gear and it goes into the hole in the bars when you assemble it, to prevent exactly what's happening to your throttle throttle switch gear right now.

This is not your assembly but will give you an idea:

View attachment 123291
Tnx heaps man that explains alot turns out mine had snapped off,

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
I thought they only made that bike to 08. Can someone confirm or deny please?

@Jimbo712 pic of the MFG date please? Super curious.
Hi mate - welcome back.

Seems that they produced it in 2010. Also there is a CC/HP limit on beginner motorcycles in Oz, which is where the OP is from - so maybe it was produced for certain markets.

Also, I bought a new Ninja 250 in 2014 here in the Philippines. It was plated 2014.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
Tnx heaps man that explains alot turns out mine had snapped off,
If yours is the plastic one maybe look at tapping where the stem has broken off with a small self tapping screw - file down the outside of the head of the screw so that it fits into the handlebar hole.

It's a backyard fix, but beats having to buy the whole switch cluster. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a small metal/plastic pin that sits in the throttle switch gear and it goes into the hole in the bars when you assemble it, to prevent exactly what's happening to your throttle switch gear right now.
Here's a tip just in case you break the plastic tip in the switchblock. Get a Rivet of a size which just fits into the hole in the bars so the long end is protruding.
DO NOT CRIMP IT DOWN.
Then trim the pin to an appropriate length to slide into the hole in the switchblock, once you've got it to fit, superglue the rivet to the switchblock.
Works a treat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts