RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd just like to start by saying I've never posted on a forum before so bare with me please :dance:

Hello anyone taking the time to read this, I hope you can help! My MK1 bandit 1200 (Y plate) isn't getting spark at all, it's trying to turn over but obviously not starting, the electrics (headlight, indicators ect) all work fine, all fuses have been checked, all earths cleaned and checked, coils checked, Ignition box checked, changed the spark plugs to brand new ones, battery's been checked, side stand switch checked as well as the kill switch (there isn't a clutch switch), timings been checked, all plug leads have also been checked.

So please if anyone has ANY thoughts on anything that's been overlooked/missed or what the problem could be comments would be much appreciated as this is frying my head :smashfrea

·
Registered
2 Posts
General ignition troubleshooting (minus your previous efforts)
Try putting an inductive timing light on each plug wire, that will tell you if the coils are putting out a spark.
Check for proper resistance on either side of your coils (primary/secondary). Check coils for good connections.
Is there a fuse to the ignition box? check and replace any fuses that are suspect.
Check the ign pick up sensor

May be the ign box. try swapping out with a known good one if you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts