RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Wolf exhaust failed to send the stick-on decal that was supposed to come with my can (yes, they do not rivet them on), I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place that sells exhaust decals? I was thinking a St. Louis Cardinals decal might by cool, so a place that supplies custom decals would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Remember your "perils of hot exhaust". You are going to need some kind of specialized decal. Your standard vinyl will just melt. Find an artist with an airbrush and paint something on using hi-temp automotive paint.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Craig - Yeah, I know I need a specialized decal, but I figured if the Wolf exhaust folks use stick-on decals/badges, someone out there is manufacturing these things. While I hate to quote him, the guy from Wolf said his company's badges "stick on and use a special glue which heat cures solid when the can gets hot". However, I've not had any luck finding a business that makes these kind of items.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Remember your "perils of hot exhaust". You are going to need some kind of specialized decal. Your standard vinyl will just melt. Find an artist with an airbrush and paint something on using hi-temp automotive paint.
Get them to paint it on an aluminum or stainless plate then rivet it in place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your ideas Craig and Graeme.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
Or dont put on a sticker. Why advertise for a company tht has given you bad customer service?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Or dont put on a sticker. Why advertise for a company tht has given you bad customer service?
X2 If it looks bad without some thing there then figure out something else to put in its place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Jon - Agreed. The only thing is that Wolf also happens to be my last name, so it would have been nice to have the Wolf badge, which I have to admit is well done and looks pretty damn cool. But yeah, you are right, I would hate to advertise for them (unless of course they suddenly change course and decide to act professionally). Still, as I noted in my earlier post, I do want to put something on this exhaust as it doesn't look very nice bare. I hesitate to have it painted as I've heard bubbling and other damage can end up making it look silly. So, I started this thread in the hope that someone knew of a place that makes those heat activated decals the Wolf exhaust guy told me about. Alas, I fear I am out of luck...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Requested photos

I have photos of the ends of the exhaust where the riveted bands/black soot are. The rest of the can looks the same, kind of a not-so-finished stainless steel.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The black covering on my D&D does not get really,, really hot ,,, even after long periods ... I don't know what hybrid plastic / material it is ,,, but the stainless steel wolf will surely melt anything besides a metal tag ..

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who knows. The guy from Wolf said his company's badges "all stick on and use a special glue which heat cures solid when the can gets hot". If by chance I one day receive it, I will stick it on and see what happens. I will be sure to share the result, good or bad!

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Make one ....A sign company should be able to do it ... (for a few bucks) ..... Tell them you want this on a piece of tin .. Not really that hard with the right program ...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cobjerry - Maybe I will go that route if all else fails. My wife keeps telling me the exhaust looks fine as is. I think she just doesn't want me to "waste" any more money. :laugh:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Get it professionally engraved

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting idea...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking for an exhaust for the ZR7 I just bought a few weeks ago also. I even emailed Kerker/Supertrapp but they said they haven't made one since 2003. Do people ever list used full systems here?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts