RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered from Revzilla Monday and arrived today. It comes with clear AND silver RST shields, but I took a chance on the red RST shield and was not disappointed. Fit is a little more oval front to back than the Airmada but not as much head room as my Shoei GT-Air; 2XL Airflite is a little more snug than the XL GT-Air. I wanted something a bit patriotic; I got it. Shield has no detents- it's either open or closed, but easy to swap. Internal drop shield hits my nose but it's manageable; most people will like it. Ventilation is good, but I don't notice it coming in through the vents; I think it comes in around the shield and from underneath. It's comfortable, moderately quiet (I wear foam earplugs all the time anyway), head check is really good as is all visibility. The internal shield and red RST shield is a good combination but there are all kinds of reflection artifacts when using the internal with the silver RST shield.

IMG_20190626_191056.jpg IMG_20190626_191830.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
It vibrates at about 150mph....
Can't confirm nor deny how I know this.
The mouth vent doesn't seal well so there is always air coming in from there.
I bout it for the look and comfort. Reminds me of Zer0 from Borderlands 2

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It vibrates at about 150mph....
Can't confirm nor deny how I know this.
The mouth vent doesn't seal well so there is always air coming in from there.
I bout it for the look and comfort. Reminds me of Zer0 from Borderlands 2

Something I didn't realize until today is that the switch on the mouth/chin vent is closed when the internal switch is in the MIDDLE position. I'm going to try again, but I agree that more air comes in from underneath and around the shield than that vent. Not worried about it either way; it's a warm weather lid for me.

I ordered the red spoiler to match the shield. Then I ordered a blue shield and spoiler for another look. Love all the options Icon provides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Something I didn't realize until today is that the switch on the mouth/chin vent is closed when the internal switch is in the MIDDLE position. I'm going to try again, but I agree that more air comes in from underneath and around the shield than that vent. Not worried about it either way; it's a warm weather lid for me.
Yea, I found that the switch has 3 positions, TOP: a little more than a little air, MIDDLE: a little air, Bottom: I'm letting air in I swear really I am. LoL
I too use it for warmer weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts