RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just testing how to get a photo on board ... (this one is prior to installation of my F-15 shield):

Tom, is it too large? Should I resize before posting photos like this?

Scott

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
The pic is just fine Scott. How about putting another on riders pics, under images (home page) with the new shield on. tom :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, been planning to do that. It's just a matter of finding what I did with my digital camera (suspect it's be 'borrowed' by my son). I'm still pretty pleased with the shield (notwithstanding AP746's problems with cracking etc).

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
f-15 shield

scott, did you get the sport or the tour shield? i'm thinking about getting the tour shield but i'm wondering how much wind noise i'll get out of it.

scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
scottaraujo expect more noise not less. I have been tempted to remove my F15 tourer because I now need to wear earplugs. I suspect that any shield that stands less than the top of your helmet well also be a noise generator unfortunately.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine's the sport shield, and there is wind noise. The wind gets re-directed to about chin level upwards. Ear plugs make a difference (you can hear the engine, because the higher frequencies are reduced - and the engine is nice to listen to). The sport shield (at least mine) is very, very dark smoke, almost black and slightly translucent (ie. you can just see through)

AP746 got the tour and (I think) he also says there is noise. I suspect that all shields are the same, except perhaps for those really tall ones that direct the air blast over your head.

For the price ($Aus140 or about $US70) it's a pretty good deal. I'm happy with it.

I took some photos during installation - let me know if you'd like me to email them to you (there's also a link on one of my posts on the 'other' forum site)

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
I never heard any wind noise untill someone mentioned it on this board.

So I got a new helmet and it helped. However there is still a lot of wind noise above 60 MPH. I tried ears plugs but they don't seam to help that much.

When I tuck my head under the shield, then it is totally quiet. But I don't like to ride in that position for very long.

I hope the slip-on I ordered today will eliminate the wind noise. :D

Andy 2001 ZR-7S

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Naked bike, wind noise didn't bother me much, but then I installed a Targa Blastshield and my head felt like it was at the peak of the wind tunnel (much wind noise in helmet). I think I've solved the big problem with installation of the blue Rifle fairing. Looks real good and noise in helmet has diminished very much, but this may be due to my "short stature" - I'm only 5' 8". Tom :cool:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hey guys, thanks for all your input. i have a reply that's way too long to post here so i'm going to start a new post in accessories.

thanks again :)

scott

·
Registered
373 Posts
Photo OP

Could it be this easy?:D i give up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts