RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy's got one. I keep telling him it's a rolling Barca-Lounger...

He wants to pump it up a little. Maybe it bugs him that my bike was able to keep up with his bike even during break-in when I shifted at 3800 RPM. ;)

My buddy thought he could get a big bore kit to take it from 800cc up to 1100cc but the place that told him that changed its story when he came back with $$$. They tried to get him into a new bike.

So if anyone knows a good site for Vulcans -- similar to (but by default not as cool as) this site, I'd greatly appreciate it.

BTW it's a 1995 Vulcan 800 with 5600 miles on it. He rides all the time but has a very short commute.

Sincerely,

flash

·
Gold Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno. Is that a riddle? :)

Just thought I'd ask is all. It's a nice bike he's got actually -- if you're into cruisers. It's comfortable enough for all day rides but it sure ain't gonna win many races. And I get flipped off less by Harley crowd when he and I ride together.

Obviously my taste runs more to sportier bikes or I'd be riding a Vulcan myself or maybe a Moto Guzzi Breva. But if a Vulcan is what turns my buddy's crank, more power to him. He's a decent guy and a good riding buddy.

Here's a pic from a week ago when we rode up to Money Creek Campground and scoped it out.

·
Gold Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Martin.

Pickin's are slim for Vulcan performance upgrades -- especially the 800.

I found Thunder Manufacturing and just a couple other sites with info or product.

Most of the accessories for the bike are chrome stuff and controls relocation but there are a few out there who want their bike to break the 14 second barrier in the quarter mile.

Go figure :D

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
That looked about like one of the best for that bike. But maybe if your friend contacted a few of those companies he may be able to come up with some links for more of the "go" type products and not just "show"..... but they did have some high speed looking stuff toward the bottom of the page. I'm sure someone has figured how to duct tape a nitrous bottle to one of those things by now..... of course once he gets it to go fast he has to figure out how to get it to turn at higher speeds.:cool:

Reactions: PösX
1 - 8 of 8 Posts