RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Marauder 1600 with HK Strippers, Hypercharger, and Cobra FI2000. I am considering picking up a second toy. I really like my bike and I don't think I will sell it, but I want something brutally fast as well. My short list is M109R, VRod, and today I looked at a Warrior. It has sweet custom paint job and tons of billet chrome goodies, but on the business end, has the Speedstar air intake, HK American Straights, and a PCIII. It is dynoed for 79whp and 114ft/lbs wtq. I have never had my bike dynoed. How will the Warrior perform compared to my bike? To get an idea of what I want, the speed rush of the VRod is awesome. The two problems with it are I'm 6'6", and while a smaller bike like that is fun, it felt like a little kid's toy underneath me. Also, it rode extremely rough. I couldn't see myself on it much longer than an hour. The M109R, while not as fast as the VRod, still felt nice and powerful, but the tranny sucked, and I've heard these things tend to grenade trannies, driveshafts, and rearends. The shop the Warrior is at does not really allow test rides other than in the parking lot, just so you can make sure everything works. I don't really like how you sit on the bike instead of in it, but they said they have a Corbin seat for it somewhere that really makes a difference. I like the sweet custom paint job, the forward controls, the belt drive; all of that. In the end though, it isn't worth buying unless it is significantly faster than my Marauder, because that would defeat the purpose.

So, after all of that, to compare apples to oranges, will I get the thrill ride I'm looking for with the Warrior? I'm hoping someone here has ridden both and can comment on the differences in power delivery.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I have a Marauder 1600 with HK Strippers, Hypercharger, and Cobra FI2000. I am considering picking up a second toy. I really like my bike and I don't think I will sell it, but I want something brutally fast as well.
If you are stuck on the cruiser style instead of getting something that is truly brutally fast, how about getting a new Vmax. Cruiser style with a real performance engine.

I sat on a Warrior at the dealer's and it also felt like I was sitting on the bike instead of in the bike like the Mean Streak feels. I would get a raider before I got a Warrior.

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you are stuck on the cruiser style instead of getting something that is truly brutally fast, how about getting a new Vmax. Cruiser style with a real performance engine.
+1!! Straight line ground bound rocket!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much room is on the vmax? They look pretty small. I used to ride a Bandit 1200 and have considered getting something like that or a VFR800, but I like the style and comfort of a nice power cruiser.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I vote for the raider. That will most likely be my next bike.......

·
Registered
357 Posts
Vmax is still the KING! Only the fastest sports bikes can hang with it in a straight line.
Not as much eye candy but faster then the warrior is the M109, unless you like that styling.
If you want BIG and FAST then either the C109 or Raider.

The Raider looks like the Warrior but is quicker, also you will have to mod the Warrior to see a BIG improvement over the Marauder because you made it close to the stock Raider now with all your mods. Specs for a stock Warrior
[email protected]
103ft-lb torque @3500rpm

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Comparison wise neither one will handle as well as the meanie. The M109 will be more comfortable but very heavy while the warrior will be less comfortable but lighter. The vrod I'd try to find an older one that doesn't have the monster rear tire that they added for looks while reducing handling. I'd say the vrod is probably the better all around bike if you get an older one. The newer ones lost most of their handling advantage.

Personally if you want a brutally fast toy I'd get a Hayabusa or ZX14, both are considered the most powerful bikes around and the power bikes of choice for long rides. You can even find hard bags for them with quick release hardware. The other bike that is a tall person only bike is the C14. I'm 6' and thought it was a tad hard for flat footing and pushing it around while parked.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally if you want a brutally fast toy I'd get a Hayabusa or ZX14, both are considered the most powerful bikes around and the power bikes of choice for long rides. You can even find hard bags for them with quick release hardware. The other bike that is a tall person only bike is the C14. I'm 6' and thought it was a tad hard for flat footing and pushing it around while parked.
My buddy has a Concours, but I'm not much for the styling. I'd rock a big sport bike if it wasn't for the insurance. Even for a Bandit, VFR, or FZ1, I'm looking at $30 to $50 per month, versus a cruiser for $20. The VRod gives me all of the performance I'm looking for; I just haven't decided if it is big enough. That's why I started looking at the M109R and Warrior as well. I'm in no hurry to buy anything, but I found a steal on a Warrior. If it isn't much faster than my Marauder though, there's no point. That was the main reason for this post, was to determine if that particular bike would suit my needs. I like what the post has evolved into though. For me, a sport or standard is all about fun with no style points or comfort. The right cruiser could be all three. Basically, if the VRod was as comfortable as the M109R, it would be a done deal. If the M109R had a smoother more dependable drivetrain, it would be a done deal. If the Warrior had the power of either of the other two, it would be a done deal. I'm looking at $6k to $7k bikes at max, so unfortunately, the Raider is not in the cards, unless I were to sell my Marauder. I've sat on them before, and I guess it probably does suit my needs, so maybe I should consider that.

As they say, part of the fun is in the hunt, and mine is just beginning.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Actually the 1250 bandit my wife has costs less to insure than the meanie. They say its a bigger bike that costs more to fix when dropped. It was also a fairly tall bike. Has an adjustable seat with 2 positions. Had to buy a lower seat plus dog bones so she could flat foot.

It is quite fast and a very different experience than the meanie. But it wasn't nearly as fast as a YZF600 and its engine is half the size. Thats why I'd say if you're looking for a bike thats a pure power rush go for a monster sport bike. I'd take the higher insurance cost to get the bike you're truly happy with otherwise you'll be wanting to trade it in a few months down the road. Especially if you're planning on keeping the meanie, get something thats a different style instead of 2 of a similar style. Variety is the spice of life. If I ever stop moving every 2 years I'm going to pack my garage to the gills with every type of bike and muscle car I can.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I was also going to say the VMax. Can't go wrong there if you want fast.:alcy:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just went and sat on a VMax. Very interesting. The battery was dead, so they guy is going to charge it before I go back to ride it. The riding position is more comfortable than I remember my Bandit 1200 being. The controls need to be a little lower or more forward though, so I'm going to see what kind of drop brackets or forward controls are available. My Bandit was plenty fast for what I want. I wish I could have kept it at the time. I don't need the fastest death machine on two wheels, but I want to have something that I can ride in a more spirited manner, in terms of acceleration.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me clarify that I'm not looking for top speed. I'm looking for fast acceleration from zero to legal.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Let me clarify that I'm not looking for top speed. I'm looking for fast acceleration from zero to legal.
That is what the Vmax has always been known for in my circles. Stop light to stop light bike. Just like the Honda V65. Put some wheelie bars on it and have some fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just did some geico insurance quotes. Aything resembling a sport bike is out. It will be vmax or one of the aforementioned power cruisers.

·
Registered
998 Posts
To answer your original question, from the way you are talking, I don't think the Warrior will be that much faster than a Meanie with the big 3 for what you want. Quarter mile times on the Vrod and M109r are almost identical, although there are special editions of the Vrod that are much faster. The Warrior falls about .5 second slower in quarter mile acceleration with the Meanie (with the best of the big 3) about a .5 second behind the Warrior. The Vmax on the other hand, is just plain bada$$. My buddy's RC51 didn't stand a chance against one at the local drags, but it wasn't all stock...course neither is his RC51.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts