RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

thought I'd post up some pictures from my LA trip.

My Dad and I took trailered our bikes down to LA to go to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance car show, Laguna Seca historic auto races and to also do some riding in the area as well. After Pebble Beach, he rode his bike back up to Washington and I drove a bit further down to stay with my relatives for a while for a little extended vacation thing.

Anyway, here are some pics from our trip. Some of them as you will see are of our bikes and some are from the show. I took about a bazillion pics from Pebble Beach!

Enjoy,

Along the 17 mile drive by Pebble Beach

Looking out at the ocean off of HWY 1

The very first Veyron ever built, chassis #1!

(That's not me in the photo next to Jay), but got to speak with Jay Leno a couple of different times during the show

The top of Stunt road out in the Santa Monica's. Some of the canyons such as Piuma and part of Mulholland have just gotten repaved! Man oh man what fun you can have on fresh, smooth pavement out in the canyons.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great pics man, I am seriously jealous of you right now!! To be that close to a Bugati, and a bright Yellow Lexus Supercar with whatever retarded name they give it. Pure bliss!!:alcy:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks for sharing! :righton: Those cars look cool (even the "Chitty Chittty Bang Bang" ones :cool:). I guess the overcast weather was better than the scorching California sun :swink:. Quick question, which bike is louder ? :glassesti (I Love your shortened Yoshi's! :agree: )

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great stuff Austen, love the pics!!

I got to see a Bugatti in the flesh in Beverly Hills a few years back...very nice.!!

My old man has the same bike as your's does...lol, interesting. He just sold his 06 Electra and picked up an 09 Street-Glide in black.

I haven't been out with him since he got the new machine, but he's in love with it so far!!

Cheers man,
Cory

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing! Those cars look cool (even the "Chitty Chittty Bang Bang" ones ). I guess the overcast weather was better than the scorching California sun . Quick question, which bike is louder ? (I Love your shortened Yoshi's! )
Yeah, it was pretty overcast and cool the whole day with few sun breaks so it was definitely bareable. The "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" cars are a lot of fun to hear run. We got to see that class race around the track at Laguna Seca.

Thanks. My Dad's is definitely louder as I have the quite core inserts in the mufflers.

My old man has the same bike as your's does...lol, interesting. He just sold his 06 Electra and picked up an 09 Street-Glide in black.

I haven't been out with him since he got the new machine, but he's in love with it so far!!
Haha, right on. Yeah his is an '08 and he loves it as well. He put on a Powercommander, Harley cold air intake, Sammson full exhaust and rear 'rack'. I've ridden a few times and it's a real nice bike to ride, but not for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MOAR PICS of the "concept sport rod" in pic #12!!!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Must have been a great day for you. The car pics are nice, but I especially like the scenery pics along the coast with your bikes. The clouds and gloom make it seem to me like Scotland or something (not that I've ever been there).

I could do without the butt-crack shot with the Ferrari 599 GTO though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could do without the butt-crack shot with the Ferrari 599 GTO though.
Haha, yeah one thing about the show was that it was really hard at times to squeeze in a photo when there weren't people surrounded around the cars. We did get there at 6:30 to watch them drive in and park which was a lot of fun.

Here are a couple more photos of that concept car.

In the background.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Damn that is pure secks. i would consider trading my zed for it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts