RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I seen this idea on another thread and thought it was a great idea.
Here's what I would like to do. I know that every bike is going to be a little different (even with the same mods)but for those of us that don't have access to Dyno's nor the funds this might really help people out.
What I would like to see is the people that have Custom maps put what your bike is (year) and what has been done to it (air box mod, pods, type of exhaust, secondaries, ect)

This can be really helpful to everyone on here. I have seen alot of threads started with alot of people sending different maps all the time. this way it will give us one place to go when someone has a question. Hopefully we can have this as a sticky (ah hum mod's) lol Hopefully soon I will have a custom of my own that I can post up to help someone else out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm all for this:bud:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I agree with this! I'm planning on a PCIII in the near future. A duramax diesel forum that I used to frequent had this same idea for custom EFILive tunes. It's a pretty sweet gig.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Good idea. This has been suggested many times over the years and it never seems to happen.
I wouldn't be surprised that it has. Probably due to liability issues is why they haven't done it. Plus it would have to be monitored closely so that nobody puts up a bogus map, I would think. I know on the duramax site i frequented, you would have to agree to terms and conditions so that if it a map went haywire on a bike the site/uploading user wouldn't be held responsible.

·
Registered
565 Posts
2004 Z1000 Laser Extreme Quad Exhaust

I'll be the first....

2004 Z1000 (in Atlanta GA; December 2007)
Laser Extreme Quad Exhaust
Air box mod (cut lid)
K&N Air Filter

Bike was dyno-tuned by Huey at Marietta Motorsports. This guy knows bikes. When I first stuck these pipes on with the PC3 it was sputtering and shooting flames in the low-mid range (see pics of before). On the high end it was very sluggish (for a Z).

legal stuff: If this map causes your engine to explode, which in turn burns your house down, causing the entire neighborhood to go up in flames, igniting the nearest refinery into a fireball destroying the entire planet (or anything short of this disaster scenario) I will not be held liable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I get mad flames on decel too, but only when I get back on the throttle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought this would be pretty cool > I would hope no one on here would give a bogus map. :grr I love the legal post. That was awesome. I should be getting my PC3 any day now, I hope to save up and have my dyno done soon so I can join in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be the first....

Air box mod (cut lid)
K&N Air Filter

Bike was dyno-tuned by Huey at Marietta Motorsports. This guy knows bikes. When I first stuck these pipes on with the PC3 it was sputtering and shooting flames in the low-mid range (see pics of before). On the high end it was very sluggish (for a Z).

legal stuff: If this map causes your engine to explode, which in turn burns your house down, causing the entire neighborhood to go up in flames, igniting the nearest refinery into a fireball destroying the entire planet (or anything short of this disaster scenario) I will not be held liable.
Thanks alot!:alcy: Your map worked great! Just got my PCIII in today and was able to use your map.:ithank:

Way better than any of the maps given from the list!:jerkit:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got my PC3 Installed. Looking for Maps. Gonna try the one posted here for S -n- G's
If anyone else has any to offer that they think might help here's my seutp
03 Z
Muzzy Stainless Slipons
K&N
(Airbox mod coming shortly, was going to do it tonight after I got my PC3 installed but it got dark)
860ft. above sea level (iowa)

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'll be the first....

Air box mod (cut lid)
K&N Air Filter

Hey, i ran into you several months back when huey was doing your valves. I saw your bike at marmo, then ran into you at motions. we should meet up at his bike night on tuesdays one day.

oh, and here is riderforums best kept secret.
http://z1000.riderdestination.com/thumbnails.php?album=7

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, i ran into you several months back when huey was doing your valves. I saw your bike at marmo, then ran into you at motions. we should meet up at his bike night on tuesdays one day.

I always forget about that. Seems like a lot of those are straight from Power Commander, but i'll give some of those custom ones a shot.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Getting ready to put on a PCIII for my '08 Z. Already planning on using the Two Bros. slip on and filter tune.

If anybody has a custom tune that would be awesome, here is the mods that I will have on the bike:

BMC air filter
Leo Vince SBK slip-ons
Probably going to do the airbox mod while I'm at it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
565 Posts

Hey Chance, was wondering when I might see you around. My bike is apart now for some new additions, but I should be back on the road to test out some maps soon, will try to head to the bike night.

Speaking of maps, come on folks, upload your maps and dyno charts if you got em, I think this is a great idea but everyone's gotta pitch in for it to work. I have never seen another pair of lazer extremes so not many people gonna use my map :soap:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey Chance, was wondering when I might see you around. My bike is apart now for some new additions, but I should be back on the road to test out some maps soon, will try to head to the bike night.

Speaking of maps, come on folks, upload your maps and dyno charts if you got em, I think this is a great idea but everyone's gotta pitch in for it to work. I have never seen another pair of lazer extremes so not many people gonna use my map :soap:
I forgot your s/n as soon as i walked out of that place haha, whoops.

I have a flywheel half machined down that i have to finish then install. Then probably painting some stuff next. Been way too busy workin on a buddies bike than too work on my own

I lost my map when my hard drive crashed. luckily i emailed it to a few different people, so i can ask them to send a copy back i guess

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i know i'm gonna sound like an a-hole here.... but there have been multiple threads about custom maps - and lots of guys generously sharing them round.

asking everyone to repost all their info could be a bit of a stretch (or you'll be waiting a while for posters to 'reappear') when all you have to do is search the site for 'PC3 map' threads :silly:

I have a yoshi slip on + K&N + PC3 map which i'll post up later - received from PC3 bought shop - not dyno'd.

·
Registered
293 Posts
http://z1000.riderdestination.com/th...ls.php?album=7

WOW, thanks for pointing that out. I've been struggling with maps for the last year, everything I try still ends with my bike poping and cracking like rice crispies.
Anyway, I loaded in that Ivans map and hot damn, this is the best map I"ve tried so far. Really linear power and hardly any pops!
I've got a full Muzzy with the airbox mod and this worked great!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here's mine

It was dynoed at Lee's Cycle in San Diego on a warm & dry day.
I'll try to post the dyno chart tomorrow. Power is linear.

Nothing really special:
'07 Z1000
Akrapovic 4/1 Full Exhaust - dbKiller removed
Stock air filter - no airbox mod.
No other mods of any kind at the time the map was made. The engine/valves were clean.

I tried an airbox mod some time later and liked it despite a tiny bit more vibes @7000, no changes to the map.
I'm planning to move on to a PCV + autotune so I didn't bother adjusting the map any further.

And now something completely different.
===========
Warning: Using this map may severely damage or destroy your vehicle or personal property; it may cause an accident with another vehicle; it may cause severe injuries or death to you, your passenger or others. By using this map you acknowledge that you have been fully informed about the above mentioned risks, and that you endorse and accept full liability for the consequences of its usage. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall I be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages to your vehicle or your property or that of others, psychological and/or physical injuries or death to you or others, financial loss or any other pecuniary law) arising out of the use of or inability to use the provided map, even if I have been advised of the possibility of such damages. If you do not agree with the full content of this warning you should NOT use the provided map.
===========

Who'd be crazy enough to use this map now, heh? :angel:

[08-18-2010] It took me a while to get my dyno chart scanned. Here it is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
not many 750 maps around...

07 z750
pipercross filter
sc-project no baffles

ran at 15degree C...standard atmosphere and 50% humidity

...i'll upload it when i find my laptop :dunno:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.