RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey riders.
I have no use for the passenger grab rails and I'm looking for caps to fill in the empty space once removed.
Where can I find this if it exists?
Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
I saw a thread on here before regarding some covers that a member installed to cover the holes. My opinion is that the tail section looks odd without the grab rails. Although I never have a passenger on my bike, I actually like using the grab rails to hold the bike up with one hand (balancing the bike) while I put my rear stand in place under the swingarm. I've also used the grab rails to wrap the bungee cords around when I've used a tailbag on a weekend trip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a thread on here before regarding some covers that a member installed to cover the holes. My opinion is that the tail section looks odd without the grab rails. Although I never have a passenger on my bike, I actually like using the grab rails to hold the bike up with one hand (balancing the bike) while I put my rear stand in place under the swingarm. I've also used the grab rails to wrap the bungee cords around when I've used a tailbag on a weekend trip.
Thanks Indy,
I will agree with the bungee and backing up the bike, but if it looks sexier with out it, they're coming off. All about the look.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
double post

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Good Job Cool Daddy,
Just what I was looking for. Yes expensive but as per the link you posted available in Green and Black.
Thanks again
Do a search on the z1000sx.co.uk forum for these, they are not a good fit !
There is another option available, but without turn signal option, from L2 or LS2 or something like that.

No idea about the grab rail covers.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am currently in the process of removing my grab rails and replacing them with tie down hooks. Too stinking cold to ride here so doing a few projects and this is one of the first ones. I'll post pictures of the mod with hooks when I get it completed. Can't believe no one here in the U.S. hasn't made covers for the grab rails!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Give a call to the guys at lawstcaws they specilize in frame and body plugs.
\

I checked and they don't have anything like that. Sent them an e-mail and said there would probably be a lot of interest if they would make them since no one in the U.S. does and the Limey brand is very expensive.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am currently in the process of removing my grab rails and replacing them with tie down hooks. Too stinking cold to ride here so doing a few projects and this is one of the first ones. I'll post pictures of the mod with hooks when I get it completed. Can't believe no one here in the U.S. hasn't made covers for the grab rails!
Clever idea Sleeper. I'd like to see pics of the project. I imagine it would need to be metal, two holes to mount to bike, and one hole in the middle to mount an eye bolt that has the nut on the inside, so it can be removed when not needed

·
Registered
302 Posts
tick tick tick............I should have a solution for this shortly....
I e-mailed lawstcaws a few days ago and explained the lack of covers to replace our grabrails and also mentioned the expensive covers from Ermax. I received a reply form lawstcaws the next day and they expressed an interest in the covers. This was their reply:

Thanks for the "heads up" David. I will be attempting to get my hands on a customers bike ASAP so I can thoroughly investigate the type of mold we may be up against. Will keep you in "the loop" and much thanks once again my friend.
Jason
Lawst Caws

Sounds promising!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts