RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Passenger Backrests Come on in

7K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Hamilton2wheel 
#1 ·
I had one of the passenger backrests from HAC and ended up selling it, because the wife wasn't riding very often, now that she has finished nursing school, she has more time to go on longer rides.

I have done some searching and have found these passenger backrests, but not sure which one (your better halves found to like the most)

Cobra Mini - (wondered if i bought this backrest, if I could put a taller rest in place of the mini)

Restyling - http://www.accessoryinternational.c...S1&Category_Code=RESTYLING_PASSENGER_BACKREST

Jardine Billet Backrest - Cha Ching, too expensive

MC Enterprises - just looks cheesy in the pictures

Mapam-

CWI (Custom World International) -

Looking for some input on what is comfortable for the passenger

See less See more
Reactions: Steammaker
#2 ·
Just get the Nomad backrest and be done with it. She will thank you.

#4 ·
#7 ·
I've got the OEM one. No complaints here, but she doesn't ride much with me anyway. :)

#8 ·
I got an OEM as well, fits and looks great. Ebay $53 shipped. Listed as a Vulcan rest, but the guy said he had it on his MS in the description. I don't ever use it for 2up, just to hold my T-bag.

#9 ·
My 5' 9" size 4 wife said no way in heck was she riding on the back of my mean streak with the stock seat and fire and steel backrest.

So now I am rocking a fire and steel solo seat on the Mean Streak, and we take the Voyager when she wants to ride.

Don't ever let your wife ride pillion on a touring bike if you want her to keep riding on the back of your mean streak.

#10 ·
I have the CWI mini backrest. Wife loves it because it sits higher on her back than the cobras and other ones that are just above the seat.

#11 ·
#13 ·
I'd say that's a matter of opinion. I find the mustang to be a comfortable seat.

#15 ·
I like the Mustang seat. When I rode for 5-6 hours on a stock seat, my tailbone really let me know how unhappy it was on a stocker. I picked up a Mustang on ebay used and to me, it was night and day difference. I am 6'6" and it feels that the Mustang pushes me forward slightly, because of the design. I have heard from shorter riders that they move backwards, so I think it depends on your height.

#18 ·
In another thread you can see where I converted a Vulcan 1500 Classic seat to fit the mean streak. Night and day over the comfort of the stock seat, but it moved me forward about 2 inches. Moved enough that my knees start to get stiff when riding. I am looking into forward controls as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.