RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out.

As you may know already, I wrecked my ZR-7s over the holiday weekend (12/27) and thought that the insurance company wouldn't total it. The can I bought was thrashed in the wreck so I went on-line to get a new one. I decided to go with the D&D Black Satin (ZR-7s has a black engine so it was going to look sweet). So I ordered it from Parts411.com

The next day the shop told me the repair cost ($5600) and that it was almost certain that it would be totaled. Right then, I knew I wanted to do some research before I bought my next bike. I tried to call Parts411.com to cancel but they were closed for the holidays. I sent an e-mail to their address on the page to cancel the order.

The can shows up on my porch yesterday and I was totally confused. I finally get to call them today and they won't let me return it. I was expecting that, I would just get credit and get something else (possibly not the D&D). It turns out that they "allowed" me to return it for a D&D can only. "Normally we don't allow people to return things"

Here's the real kicker. I had to pay to get this can I no longer wanted shipped to me well after I had informed them I didn't want it. I had to pay to ship (with ins.) that same can to D&D AND I'm going to have to pay for the shipping on the new D&D once it gets here.
:mad:

I will not order anything from them again, despite their great prices. I just wanted my fellow bikers to know of my experience and to warn you . . MAKE SURE YOU REALLY WANT IT IF YOU GET IT FROM THESE GUYS!!
:yell:

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
Stan - Hopefully you used a credit card for your purchase. If so, you can call your credit card issuer and file a dispute on the charge. Tell them that you received merchandise on a cancelled order, and now the vendor is refusing to take the item back. There's a good chance that they'll issue you a provisional credit for the charges while they investigate. There's also a good chance that Parts411 will either take it back when they find out they're not getting their money, or even ignore the dispute, in which case you'll never have to pay.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Netlore,

I agree with Jarel about contacting your CC company and denying the charge. IT seems CC companies run the world these days.

One problem though, I checked out 411's return policy posted on their webpage and it specifically lists no returns on D&D Exhaust (because D&D has a no return policy so the distributor follows suit).

But I would certainly try Jarel's advice.

Good luck,

Ethan

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOTIME2RIDE said:
Netlore,

I agree with Jarel about contacting your CC company and denying the charge. IT seems CC companies run the world these days.

One problem though, I checked out 411's return policy posted on their webpage and it specifically lists no returns on D&D Exhaust (because D&D has a no return policy so the distributor follows suit).

But I would certainly try Jarel's advice.

Good luck,

Ethan
I've decided to go ahead and eat the cost and just stop ordering stuff from them. THEY DROPPED THE BALL !! They should have cancelled my order before it ever made it to D&D. I can see if I had not tried to cancel. But I did and they just missed it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks to me you should shoulder part of the blame. You rushed to order a pipe not knowing for sure your bike would be totaled. Next you order online with Parts411.com and their website said they would be closed for the holidays and their policy page definately states no returns on D&D pipes. While you sent an email to cancel, like most companies, it can be two different departments from where you place your order and the info did not get there in time. Not trying to **** you off , but you got what you ordered and they just acted quicker to ship befor eyou could get it canceled.

Hootbro

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Stan, Hootbro; I've had the misfortune of dealing with parts411 also. I ordered a Micron slip on from them about 8 months ago. Our communications completely "stunk" and I cancelled my order. Called on Yoshimura on line and within days got a slip on that I'm very happy with. I will use 411 only as a "last resort." And for inexpensive items at best. FWIW, Tom :mad:

·
Registered
304 Posts
wwwParts411.com

Stan and Tom,

Sorry to hear that you guys have had bad experiences with them.

I placed and order with them for a Micron Polished Al. slip-on at 2:14 PM on 1-15-02. Guess we will see how it goes...

The last time I did business with them. I placed an order for two helmets. Both helmets came in a day early (next day!) and saved me several hundred dollars (under my local Arai dealer price) in the process.

Heck it only took me three months to get my Corbin seat from another mail order house,,,

It's very hard to say any/all business sucks all of the time. Why last Saturday I even went back to my local (expensive!) Arai dealer and bought a $250 J&M helmet headset from them.

Sounds like it evens out in the end to me...

Philip
'00 ZR-7 Micron Polished Al. Slip-on on order, Corbin installed, Arai with headsets and CB/FRS radios working

·
9,816 Posts
Phil, keep me posted on your Micron order. I never fully understood how they goofed mine. Tom :)

Anyway, I really do like the Yoshimura round race and would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part of the Blame ?

Hootbro said:
Looks to me you should shoulder part of the blame. You rushed to order a pipe not knowing for sure your bike would be totaled.
Hootbro,

Do you work for D&D or Part411 ?

I AM shouldering not just part of the blame but ALL of it. I'm paying for EVERYTHING. I just wanted Parts411 to pay for the cost of shipping the can back to D&D or the cost of shipping the new one to me. I'm the little guy and their some big company. Couldn't THEY shoulder a little of the financial burden since it was partially THEIR MISTAKE. The fact that they were closed should have given them a better opportunity to get their $#it together.

I was willing to deal with "credit". I'm even willing to deal with having to get another D&D but I'm not ready to pay for shipping cans back and forth from SoCal to TX. Would you be ?

Bottow line is the customer is always right or they're not a customer. I know they "can" do it . . it's really a matter of willingness.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
How about just putting it up for sale for what you paid for it and losing nothing?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then I'd be ripping someone else off (in my eyes). Maybe I'm just too much of a nice guy (my wife keeps telling me that). Besides I wanted to get a can for the new bike but I was just going to wait a little while to let my CC cool off a bit. ;)

I've just been in a lot of situations where I was on the "big company" end of the deal. I was always willing to try to help the customer out (I used to run a Customer Support department). I just think it's a horrible display of "friendly" customer service. Eating a little shipping cost for a customer (even if it was their fault) means I make them happy and still have the customer, right ?

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
True, but if you sold it for what you have into it, it wouldn't be anymore than anyone here would have to pay, would it?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, because of the shipping cost. For me to break even I'd have to make whoever bought it pay for shipping + the can + cost to get it shipped to me from D&D + CA tax. Why would someone do that when they can cut out my shipping cost from D&D and maybe CA tax. (Buying stuff from out of state is really a good thing).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Part of the Blame ?

Netlore said:

Hootbro,

Do you work for D&D or Part411 ?

I AM shouldering not just part of the blame but ALL of it. I'm paying for EVERYTHING. I just wanted Parts411 to pay for the cost of shipping the can back to D&D or the cost of shipping the new one to me. I'm the little guy and their some big company. Couldn't THEY shoulder a little of the financial burden since it was partially THEIR MISTAKE. The fact that they were closed should have given them a better opportunity to get their $#it together.

I was willing to deal with "credit". I'm even willing to deal with having to get another D&D but I'm not ready to pay for shipping cans back and forth from SoCal to TX. Would you be ?

Bottow line is the customer is always right or they're not a customer. I know they "can" do it . . it's really a matter of willingness.
Come on now, a guy disagrees or sees thing from a different angle and he now works for D&D or parts411.com?

Lets look at the facts:

1: You ordered your pipe prematurely before finding out it was totaled.

2: The website you ordered from said on the website they will be closed during the holidays.

3: Their published policy said they did not take returns on D&D pipes.

Your statement of "I'm the little guy and their some big company. means what? This is one of those things that is just part of the "life sucks" that happens to all of us. I have screwed up myself ordering stuff and just having to suck it up and move on. You are expending much effort trying to recover $15 in shipping fees.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm done

Hootbro,

Yes, life sux then you die. I've heard it before. That shouldn't prevent me from wanting it not to suck.

What "I'm the little guy" means is that I have less $$$ than they do on a very large scale. No, it's not really $15, it's $30 (there are 2 shipments that I'm paying for that shouldn't have happened). And that $30 is a much large percentage of my $$ than theirs.

I'm done. I was looking for some understanding . . I don't want to argue about a company I'm not going to order from again or who's fault it was. Like I said, I just expect a higher level of customer "understanding" than I received from them. Why should they care if they lose $30 when I probably would have order $1000+ of different stuff over the next 3-4 months ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Netlore,

I truly wish you the best of luck finding satisfaction to this. I have said enough because anymore will just get into a pissing match that does not need to go any farther.

Regards,
Hootbro

·
9,816 Posts
Thanks, man....

Hootbro, thanks. Last time I stopped a thread....well you know. Tom :)

I'm speaking for Jarel, George, and Martin (excuse me guys) but this is what we like to see from this forum. Thanks

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
I had problems with Parts411 as well. I was trying desperately to order a D&D can from them. I called and made the order 3 different times and each time they lost it. I finally decided to pay a little bit more and get it straight from D&D. I love the can, but will not do business with Parts411 again. I agree...from the dealings I've had with them, they suck.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having Netlore. I'm just glad you weren't hurt in the wreck!

Oh, and man, I love that new bike of yours! If I could touch the ground on it, I'd have one in a flash!!!

I'm glad it's settled....it's much more fun when we just discuss and not argue around here!

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
PS...

Tom, I think you are too cool! I love your comments and what seems to me as "level headedness"....no, I'm not flirting! I have a husband and you have a wife! I just like to tell people when I appreciate them! That's all!

Jarel knows too well, when I first joined the forum, I'd get offended quite easily (poor him with having to put up with my e-mails)....I've chilled out with time.

Thanks for all the positive comments that you've posted! They are very much appreciated!

·
9,816 Posts
uhh, what can I say...

Thanks for the comments Twyla, I'm humbled. It's my nature I guess. I've been in law enforcement now for 18 years and not one of the folks I've sent to federal prison has had much bad to say about me (well, maybe some that lost valuable assets due to conviction). That's what I like about this forum though, civilized folks talking about there passions, riding and all kinds of motorcycles, which I have always loved since I was a "kid" ...I'm still a kid. Tom ;) :D :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts