RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best Regards Team:

How easy will be to paint the wheels? I do not want to dismount them. I'm planning on painting the wheels yellow. Maybe using a water based paint. In case I change my mind later. Any suggestions/advice will be really appreciated.

Robert

·
Registered
37 Posts
painting wheels

Robert

Painting can be a difficult task, I've been painting for over 20yrs and its a pain in the but. Remember that old saying you get what you pay for, They can be painted on but it will not come out that good. I will be taking mine off and have the tire dismounted, I'm then going to put it on a turning machine. By this way they look smooth and also it looks fantastic, Ive been doing this for years on auto wheels. High quality materials are needed but expensive and the cheaper paints dont hold up. So you have a decision to make. You might want to send them out to a local shop. It really is worth the money. If you have any other painting questions let me know.

Good Luck
Mark:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I thought rims should be powder coated. Many years ago, I used to work at a powder coated sweat shop duing holidays. I myself had definitely done few vehicle wheels.

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Standard ZR-7 wheels are painted not powder coated anyway.

Coz the spokes are rough cast you can get a decent job just by brush painting if you are patient. The imperfections sort of disappear in the rough surface. The rims would need to be sprayed though.

When I had my rims polished I just brush painted the spokes in silver Hammerite and 6mths of daily winter riding later they still look ace.

:)

errrr yellow ? whats colour is the bike ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts