RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is wow...and I wish I had my bike. Took a trip down to Penn State from Buffalo to visit a friend of mine. It was all backroads including Route 219 and either Route 135 or 153, can't remember. Amazing roads

·
Registered
103 Posts
All I can say is wow...and I wish I had my bike. Took a trip down to Penn State from Buffalo to visit a friend of mine. It was all backroads including Route 219 and either Route 135 or 153, can't remember. Amazing roads
how long of a trip was that? i live in reading, pa so i'm not too terribly far from psu main campus.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how long of a trip was that? i live in reading, pa so i'm not too terribly far from psu main campus.
Unfortunately for you, it would be a bit of a trip. Its about 4 hours from buffalo and I was on those roads the entire way. So depending how far you want to go...If I were you, I would try and make it out to 135 or 153 (ill look it up for you) because that was only about 50 miles from penn state but the rest might be too much.

·
Registered
540 Posts
welcome :)

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just googled it lol...if you are talking about Pitt. I'm 3 1/2 hours from it while at school (bikeless). and 7 1/2 hours from it on the bike.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is quite some distance. never rode the bike for more than an hour at a time, i need to start getting on some trips
What?!?! My average trip is like 3 hours...you live in a great state man, go exploring!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nick, maybe you should come to the motorcyclist amusement park also known is Colorado.

Yes, there are some nice roads out side our state border... but inside out state border is some of the worlds best.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nick, maybe you should come to the motorcyclist amusement park also known is Colorado.

Yes, there are some nice roads out side our state border... but inside out state border is some of the worlds best.
Too far...I'm a poor college student who can't afford to have the bike shipped anywhere nor do I want to ride like 2 thousand miles from ny to colorado. Don't get me wrong tho, I have some amazing roads in my area...I just wish I had access to what the rest of the country has to offer. In fact, I'm lucky enough to live with an hour of several attractions people ride cross country for; including Bear Mountain, Storm King highway, Hawk's nest.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What?!?! My average trip is like 3 hours...you live in a great state man, go exploring!
+1... www.sportbikealliance.com . an average sunday is anywhere from 200-400+ miles. 6-10hrs. Although our particular corner gets boring after awhile (dont' get me wrong, i'm gloating for my own state here but PennDOT can be douches.. can you say tar and chip?) so often we go out to ohio and wv/va. But again, your right - PA has some awesome stuff to offer. I need to explore east more.

Nick - damn. next year you ever gonna have the bike in school? 3ish hrs to meetup for a ride isn't THAT bad. 7 though is mighty tough.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+1... www.sportbikealliance.com . an average sunday is anywhere from 200-400+ miles. 6-10hrs. Although our particular corner gets boring after awhile (dont' get me wrong, i'm gloating for my own state here but PennDOT can be douches.. can you say tar and chip?) so often we go out to ohio and wv/va. But again, your right - PA has some awesome stuff to offer. I need to explore east more.

Nick - damn. next year you ever gonna have the bike in school? 3ish hrs to meetup for a ride isn't THAT bad. 7 though is mighty tough.
My knowledge of PA roads are minimal having only crossed into your state once while leading one of my rides, we took 434 into 739...the roads were decent but not good enough to ride 5 hours for. Here's what that days route looked like: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....389173,-74.836807&spn=0.154286,0.363579&z=12

I would love to meet up with some more 650forum guys...but as far as bringing the bike to school is concerned, here is what I would have to go through...Drive 5 1/2 hours to buffalo w/ my car and belongings, fly back and get the bike, ride 5 1/2 hours out, then have to worry about drunk kids sitting on it or it being stolen (I live on campus w/ no garage), then when the winter comes and it comes fast here in buffalo, I'd have to ride it back 5 1/2 hours and fly back out. As much as I love riding; it just doesn't seem worth it...trust me I've thought about it long and hard.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My knowledge of PA roads are minimal having only crossed into your state once while leading one of my rides, we took 434 into 739...the roads were decent but not good enough to ride 5 hours for. Here's what that days route looked like: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....389173,-74.836807&spn=0.154286,0.363579&z=12

I would love to meet up with some more 650forum guys...but as far as bringing the bike to school is concerned, here is what I would have to go through...Drive 5 1/2 hours to buffalo w/ my car and belongings, fly back and get the bike, ride 5 1/2 hours out, then have to worry about drunk kids sitting on it or it being stolen (I live on campus w/ no garage), then when the winter comes and it comes fast here in buffalo, I'd have to ride it back 5 1/2 hours and fly back out. As much as I love riding; it just doesn't seem worth it...trust me I've thought about it long and hard.
um.. we rent uhaul hitches for track days for like 14 bucks on the day?

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
um.. we rent uhaul hitches for track days for like 14 bucks on the day?
I have a trailer left over for my dirt bike, and my father mounted a tire stop on it for his harley...but I drive a two wheel drive Scion tC. My main concern though is leaving it exposed to the elements/drunk kids. I mean I guess I could rent a storage facility garage but that just adds to the hassle.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a trailer left over for my dirt bike, and my father mounted a tire stop on it for his harley...but I drive a two wheel drive Scion tC. My main concern though is leaving it exposed to the elements/drunk kids. I mean I guess I could rent a storage facility garage but that just adds to the hassle.
thats why you get full insurance and a cover. :)... i feel ya though. i was in the same no-garage situation at my old apartments.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in clearfield pa..322 runs right through my town..if u want a good ride go 879 east to the quehanna hwy then u turn on to wycoff run..at the bottom of it u can eith pic up 872 and head to coudersport or head over to 144 and go north towards potter county or south which will bring u back down to snowshoe...awsome roads and if u go to coudersport u can head over to the pa grand canyon...not very grand but a nice ride...be warned that pa loves to tar and chip a lot of these roads so be prepared for dealing with that in early spring or fall usually.. lots of other roads in the clearfield,elk,potter,and center counties that are great rides.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts