RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things.

Any recommendations on some? Coolpro Mesh Street Motorcycle Pants - Cycle Gear
Those seem pretty good, but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

Also, anyone have any for sell? I'm always down for saving a bit of money :)

I wear size 32 jeans, and I'm pretty short. Just shy of 5'5. I haven't actually measured my inseam yet do I'm not sure that exact length.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Can you be more specific as to what you're looking for? How much you want to spend? ADVrider and your local Craigslist are great resources for used gear.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh I'm not picky really. I don't care if it's mesh/textile/leather. I'd like to keep it under $150. Yea, I've wen hunting Craigslist but no one has my size :( I hate being short haha.

I'm sure eventually I'll run into something. I search it just about every day.

I haven't looked/heard of ADVrider. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahha that's true. But they all have their pros and cons. And eventually I'd like to get a few pairs. So starting point for me doesnt matter :)

I think I found a pair on craigslist I'm gonna look at this week.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
So are you mostly looking for protection that won't over heat you? I don't understand the point of a removable lightweight water resistant inner liner. I guess it would keep you dry, but the outer part of the jacket (or PANTS in this case) would be WET, combined with wind at riding speed would make you COLD.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just bought the Tourmaster Mesh overpants on sale during bike week for $150. They are mesh and have a rain liner and a cold weather liner so should be good for a wide teperature range. I had tried other pants but the problem was always they were too long. I have a 30" waist and 29" inseam. Some companies make short versions but they start at waist size 34. I never understood that. These are one of the very few that fit me good.

Lucky you living in Austin. I used to live there when I went to UT. I plan to ride there for the MOTOGP race next year. The new track should be great.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Glad you found something that fits! I think many people have to compromise for fit, I had to that's for sure. I would recommend tossing the rain liner and getting some rain pants to put over them. Cyclesarge is right, and I agree.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I don't really ride in the rain so I'm not too crazy about rain gear. If I did I would just get something to throw over my entire gear. I did, however, find something I think I'm going to order tonight. Joe Rocket Atomic Textile Pants - RevZilla They aren't overpants but I'm sure they will fit over my scrub bottoms just fine.

I just want gear that better than jeans ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just recently bought the new Alpinestars Oxygen overpants. They have mesh panels on the front of the thighs, which is great for when it's hot, but they're also good when it's cooler with a pair of jeans underneath. The knee armor isn't as good as my Dainese knee/shin guards, but having the abrasion resistance compared to jeans is much better. Plus, I love being able to zip them to my A* jackets.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Also, check out the Joe Rocket Ballistic pants. I've had mine for over a year. Excellent pants, with options for rain and they keep you warm or cool depending on the weather. I am 5'8" and 190lbs. I have the 34's in the short version. Knee protection is right where it should be. Very comfortable pants and can be zipped up with your jacket. Totally glad I got them.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fieldsheer has short length pants. Their Mercury 2.0s are not listed as an overpant, but most reviews rate them as such. Only $143 through Motorcyclecloseouts and bike bandit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.