RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put several coats of sealant from Turtle Wax on the bike. Is that going to be a problem with putting on tank grips?

I ordered the TechSpec Snake skin. I've heard it makes a big difference with not having to slide all over trying to grip onto something as smooth as glass. Never tried them in over a decade of riding, so I'm excited to see how big of a difference they make.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would just use a good cleaner or isopropyl on the tank before application and make sure it's completely dry. Similar process to applying vinyl or stickers to automotive painted surfaces. Might need a heat gun if it's cold out where you are.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I can do that for sure. I'm glad the wax won't mess it up. I put on enough layers so it would hopefully take a long time to wear off :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow these make a huge difference from not having them. I can't believe I've never installed these on either of my previous bikes! I've been missing out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have some on my ‘07. Saves my nuts quite a bit when stopping. Took 3 years before I got the grips and I really believe they should come on the bike from the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts