RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with a kawasaki ZR-7? I was planning on getting one this weekend I just wanted to know if there were any downsides for this bike. How is it on the freeway at 75? Is the cornering ability ok?
Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome.
I have the zr7S but I have unfaired bikes and wind blast is ok at that speed if that's what you're asking.
As far as power, it'll hold 75 no problem. In fact it'll get up to 90 without drama. The 7 does alright.
As stock the suspension is soft with a lot of fork dive under braking. I weigh 185lbs (84 kg) in my undies and it's under sprung up front for my weight. The rear seems to be fine. The brakes are fair at best.

I upgraded my forks to a custom damper rod with real valving and resprung it for my weight and it'll corner as well as any of my cartridge fork bikes.

Go for it. It's reliable and easy to work on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dropping a link to one of my comments on the same topic. In short, I think it is a solid bike as long as you are not hoping for a super sport/ track star. If you respect it for the standard it is should be good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts