RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 marauder 1600 9k miles has aftermarket bars and grips, power comander 3, hard chrome pipes, front and rear floorboards, jardine forward controls, Corbin 2 up seat with backrest, saddle bags, have a extra rear tire, windshield. Also have stock pipes and seat. $4900 only selling to pay off some bills to make starting a family a little easier. Bike is my aviator pic can post more if anyone is interested. Nada low is 4600 high is 5800. So I'm kinda firm on the price thanks guys

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
04 marauder 1600 9k miles has aftermarket bars and grips, power comander 3, hard chrome pipes, front and rear floorboards, jardine forward controls, Corbin 2 up seat with backrest, saddle bags, have a extra rear tire, windshield. Also have stock pipes and seat. $4900 only selling to pay off some bills to make starting a family a little easier. Bike is my aviator pic can post more if anyone is interested. Nada low is 4600 high is 5800. So I'm kinda firm on the price thanks guys
I wish you luck in selling your bike bigred! Always sad seeing someone have to give up such a sweet ride, but life takes precedence. The only issue I see with trying to sell a Mean Streak/Marauder on here is that everybody on here already has one. That is, unless someone is considering upgrading to one with less miles, or someone researching their next buy stumbles across this thread in a google search. Have you tried Craigslist yet?

Another option for some quick cash: Sell your upgrades on here. Unfortunately, our bikes values are not dramatically affected by modifications. Try listing on here all of the things you've added to it that could be easily removed/replaced without leaving the bike without something. Example: you've got the stock pipes, sell the hard chrome pipes and the power commander. Those are desirable items on here. If you've still got the stock seat, stock bars, stock pegs and mounts, you could put those back on and sell the aftermarket ones. Those Jardine forward controls with the floorboards are very desirable and costly. And the Corbin seat is fairly popular too. The easy to remove items like the saddle bags and windshield should be fairly easy to do without taking away from the bike.

A few tips for selling aftermarket parts on here from what I've seen:
1) People like LOTS of pictures!
2) List to sell, but don't take it off the bike till it does.
3) Pricing: You can either ask a price or ask for best offer. A general rule of thumb for used aftermarket parts pricing, (on here at least), is about half of retail. Everybody (not just the folks on here) wants a deal, so expect a low-ball offer or two. If you're looking to get 1/2 of retail, maybe ask a little more, but include "willing to be flexible on price" in the listing.

Once you have sold off all those aftermarket parts, take the amount you gained from that process and deduct it from your asking price. If you get under the $4k range, with only 9k miles, it should be much easier to sell locally, quickly.

Just a suggestion and a few tips. I know selling it as a whole would be easier, but this might help you achieve your financial goal more quickly. Another thing to consider in the selling process, a lot of people looking for a bike like ours are new to motorcycling, or at least new to our bikes, and don't really understand or know about the modifications and the differences they make. Also, people generally enjoy selecting their own mods, and learn more about their bike in the process of "making it their own". Hope this helps!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I know was thinking someone might know another person looking for one. If I gotta ride it again this year it's not gonna hurt my feelings lol. I've had many lowballers but gonna stick to my guns. Thanks for the advice tho. Ride safe everyone

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If you haven't already, list your bike over on VulcanForums. There's a lot of people over there loyal to the Kawasaki brand that ride a Vulcan 800, 900 or whatever and are looking for a larger bike for a variety of reasons.

Also check with the dude that was on here last week, the one with the M109, who was looking for info on Mean Streaks as a possible upgrade to his wife's current bike.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Good luck on the sale.
Have great memories of Erie, Pa...was living near there when I was in school (Meadville, Pa)

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you decide to sell parts, hit me up for the for the PC3. I'm in the market for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts