RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nelson-Riggs rain suit that's near and dear to my heart, but the darn thing about made me lay the bike on it's side today. The stirrup (the elastic piece that goes under the boots to keep the pant leg down) hooked on the little scrape feeler on the foot peg. I went to put my feet down at a stop light and my left foot wouldn't reach the ground ( :? ). Luckily the right side wasn't hung up and for some reason I had the presence of mind to just use my front brake the last few feet and put my right foot down. So if you're riding in a suit with stirrups, be careful if for some reason your feet don't wanna reach the ground. It may be your stirrup.

(No Andy, no saddle pictures! :laugh: )

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
it was surprisingly slick today. i was having fun understeering my car through turns :) glad you're ok bro :)

take solace in the fact that this is making lots of mud for your play time.

scot

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda ironic, I wear a rain suit for the road and you won't catch me in one in the mud. No fun that way.

I have to add that I've had the suit for about 3 years and the stirrups are streatched a little. So it's mostly my own lack of attention to maintaining my gear. But I can see how it could easily get hooked around the foot peg and the little doo-hicky peg if a person moves their feet around on the pegs alot (and most of us do).

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hi Martin,

I don't bother with rain suits. When it's raining outside I just bring my ZR into the family room and ride it there.

Andy

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too bad you didn't come up with that in June, we coulda had them in the showrooms in time for Christmas.

Rocking horse sh**. That's a good one. Bet it would hurt stepping on one of those "road apples" barefooted in the middle of the night. About as bad as barking your shins on the coffee table. :yell: :laugh: :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts