RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here it is, I've fumbled thru the forums but couldn't find a clear answer.

Will the '03-'04 636 triple clamps work with the '05-'06 636 forks? What is the difference between the two forks? I want to use the '03-'04 clamps cuz the top clamp is solid, and I want to modify it to fit the z750s handlebar risers. I have a bid on a set of 636 forks right now but they only describe them as '03-'06 forks. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am using 2006 Z1000 Upper triple and 2006 ZX=6R lower triple. You have to press stock Z750s triple shaft down thru lower triple and press it into ZX-6r lower triple. I have not seen ZX-6R upper triple modified to fit, but you could be the 1st to do it. Keep us posted with pictures. I weight 185lbs and I replace springs with 0.95kg/mm racetech springs in 2006 ZX=6R forks. My bike handles just like a race bike and yes it has been on the track.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the fitting issue with the 636 upper clamp? Do they not sit in the neck right? If I can get the forks without selling my kidney then I'll do the swap. If not I'm just gonna install a set of racetech valve emulators , and some pre-load adjusters in the stock forks. That still leaves me with the crap Tokico front calipers tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts